[NL2-NL10] Raise Loose Limper on Turn?

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Villain is very loose limper. 740 hands: Limps 28% and calls about 75% of the time when raised preflop. Also calls open raises a lot.
      VP 32% PFR 4 AF 1.4 FoldVCbet 51%,

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.02)
      BB ($11.03)
      UTG ($5.85)
      UTG+1 ($7.73)
      UTG+2 ($15.45)
      MP1 ($18.17)
      MP2 ($10.64)
      Hero ($9.85)
      CO ($6.49)
      BTN ($9.05)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.65) Q:heart: 7:spade: T:club:

MP2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.65) Q:heart: 7:spade: T:club: 5:diamond:

MP2 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, MP2 folds

Hero shows K:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $2.52

I didn't CBET as Villain calls a lot and I hadn't hit anything so I took a free card. Villain bet and...I just thought it was a bluff. Playing about 35% of pots and, specifically limping and calling constantly over the last few rounds around the table, I just thought he was trying to steal. The small bet amount was also a clue I thought. I figured it was either fold or raise as, if I called and didn't hit on the turn I was just going to have to fold then.
  • 4 replies
    • Chmielu89
      Chmielu89
      Bronze
      yep his line check flop and bet 1/3 pot on a turn could be a bluff
      if you have reads and some tells it is good

and why you dont cbet the flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

With the overcards+GS for the nut I'd still consider CBetting the flop than giving it up and seeing him taking such a stab on turn.

What would be your line if he would have made a normal bet size on turn?

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      I didn't bet because I had him pegged for a calling station. I didn't think he'd fold no matter what he had and if he called...I'd have to fold on the turn. If he bet a normal amount.... I probably would have folded.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      I didn't bet because I had him pegged for a calling station. I didn't think he'd fold no matter what he had and if he called...I'd have to fold on the turn. If he bet a normal amount.... I probably would have folded.
      The problem is if he bets the turn we usually can't Call unless we hit. But if we do bet the flop we might still get a free card.

Against some known player I might even consider the line because it may easily even make fold some weak pairs and sometimes even TP. But would a loose player be capable of doing that?