This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Raise Loose Limper on Turn?

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Villain is very loose limper. 740 hands: Limps 28% and calls about 75% of the time when raised preflop. Also calls open raises a lot.
      VP 32% PFR 4 AF 1.4 FoldVCbet 51%,

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.02)
      BB ($11.03)
      UTG ($5.85)
      UTG+1 ($7.73)
      UTG+2 ($15.45)
      MP1 ($18.17)
      MP2 ($10.64)
      Hero ($9.85)
      CO ($6.49)
      BTN ($9.05)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.65) Q:heart: 7:spade: T:club:

MP2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.65) Q:heart: 7:spade: T:club: 5:diamond:

MP2 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, MP2 folds

Hero shows K:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $2.52

I didn't CBET as Villain calls a lot and I hadn't hit anything so I took a free card. Villain bet and...I just thought it was a bluff. Playing about 35% of pots and, specifically limping and calling constantly over the last few rounds around the table, I just thought he was trying to steal. The small bet amount was also a clue I thought. I figured it was either fold or raise as, if I called and didn't hit on the turn I was just going to have to fold then.
  • 4 replies
    • Chmielu89
      Chmielu89
      Bronze
      yep his line check flop and bet 1/3 pot on a turn could be a bluff
      if you have reads and some tells it is good

and why you dont cbet the flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

With the overcards+GS for the nut I'd still consider CBetting the flop than giving it up and seeing him taking such a stab on turn.

What would be your line if he would have made a normal bet size on turn?

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      I didn't bet because I had him pegged for a calling station. I didn't think he'd fold no matter what he had and if he called...I'd have to fold on the turn. If he bet a normal amount.... I probably would have folded.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      I didn't bet because I had him pegged for a calling station. I didn't think he'd fold no matter what he had and if he called...I'd have to fold on the turn. If he bet a normal amount.... I probably would have folded.
      The problem is if he bets the turn we usually can't Call unless we hit. But if we do bet the flop we might still get a free card.

Against some known player I might even consider the line because it may easily even make fold some weak pairs and sometimes even TP. But would a loose player be capable of doing that?