[NL2-NL10] Why I hate QQ

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Villain: 649 hands: VP20%, PFR 6%, CBet 100%, 3bet 3%: 8% from early, 4% from med, 6% from CO, 3% from button

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.05)
      BB ($17.72)
      UTG ($5.23)
      UTG+1 ($9.66)
      UTG+2 ($27.62)
      MP1 ($10)
      Hero ($9.12)
      CO ($10.50)
      BTN ($13.17)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO raises to $0.90, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.70, CO raises to $5.40, fold

CO wins $5.55

Ok, I get 3 bet and I have QQ. Calling seems like a possible waste. What do you do with a CBET? You're going to have to call unless there's an A or K on the board...then what about a bet on the turn?

I decided to reraise/fold. I got reraised so I folded...I think I'm up against AA, KK or AK only one of which I have a little equity over.

Not sure what the best play is here?
  • 4 replies
    • Chmielu89
      Chmielu89
      Bronze
      hey his PFR is 6% so put it to the stove and see what range he has
      he is a nit and i dont 4bet it here
      just call 3bet and play it post flop
      regards
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

Way too overplayed with QQ against that kind of 4bet. At the best you anyways get a coinflip here and that's likely it. And to avoid isolating yourself against better hands rather Call and play postflop against him while QQ is still too strong to give it up directly and too strong to fold it. Although at some spots I might even fold my QQ.

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Cool. Good to know. I've been calling in situations like that and have just lost money to cbets. Unless I hit a set it seems tough to win when you get 3bet and you have QQ. I guees a set or overcards is the best scenario.

Let's say you end up with a flop like J 67 rainbow...raise a cbet at that point or call down and pray the A, K don't hit the board at any point?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      Cool. Good to know. I've been calling in situations like that and have just lost money to cbets. Unless I hit a set it seems tough to win when you get 3bet and you have QQ. I guees a set or overcards is the best scenario.

Let's say you end up with a flop like J 67 rainbow...raise a cbet at that point or call down and pray the A, K don't hit the board at any point?
      Guess I'd rather Call. The problem is that you might sometimes even scare away Jx with raising and can easily isolate yourself against better hands.