Hero checks, CO bets $0.90, Hero folds

CO wins $1.38

20/17/3
      steal from CO 33
      fold to resteal 52
      cbet 55
      fold to cbet 57
      wtsd 25

He steals way too much, my JTs is in good shape agaisnst 33% range. I didn't resteal, because he does not fold too much to 3bets.

On flop - there is an ace, also I have a guthot, so I tried to take down the pot.

On turn just giving up is an option I think.

Edit: 1.2K hands
  • 5 replies
    • Chmielu89
      Chmielu89
      Bronze
      hey
      why you play this hand OOP?
      to c/c flop and c/f the turn?
      GS is good to callling?
      fold pre and dont think "i am good against his 33%"
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      but I checked with equilator I have 78% equity agaisnst 33 % range. This is huge theft. Then how I can fight back against this stealer if I fold most of my hands?

I try to outplay somehow OOP, make some thinkings and analizing in forum :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Wouldn't really say that your play preflop is wrong. Definitely doable if you have a plan for postflop.

But as I see you didn't have that great plan. If you had an Ax would you donk the flop as well or rather let him continue with his whole range? For example if I would be the opponent I would float as well with any2 because you are going to Check it most of the time on turn and which most of the time as well means give-up. Because if you wanted to protect more your Ax then you would definitely bet the turn as well.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      ok, then it means I could bet the turn again to not leave him an oportunity to float, represent the ace which I am trying to protect.

Or c/r turn if bet is small? It should generate more FE, but it cost more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      ok, then it means I could bet the turn again to not leave him an oportunity to float, represent the ace which I am trying to protect.

Or c/r turn if bet is small? It should generate more FE, but it cost more.
      Yep, usually against thinking player you have to 2nd barrel. Or either I would Check/Raise the flop with the GS and maybe even fold equity if he doesn't have the Ax. If he Check/Raise the turn then we really have to know the opponent more. For example he doesn't go to showdown a lot, is capable of folding his Ax and etc.