UTG raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.85) 4:diamond: 5:heart: J:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

TURN ($2.05) 4:diamond: 5:heart: J:club: A:heart:

Hero checks, UTG checks

RIVER ($2.05) 4:diamond: 5:heart: J:club: A:heart: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $1.30, UTG raises to $14.89 (AI), Hero calls $10.25

15/14/inf, cbet 80, 100 hands

On turn I want not to scare him, and let bluff second time if he has nothing, so check.

What do you think about river? AJ is not likely in his range because he would probably bet it on turn, the same with 44. The hand that I beat is only 22 if he does not second barrel the turn and the question is if he raises them so much on such board. So he might have 33, JJ, AA, but with JJ and AA he would also bet the turn, so it means he has 33 most of the time.

Edit: sorry, wrong forum
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      no problem, I can also judge that in here :)

I think you have to b/f river, since players would not overbet shove river without nuts and I think you see 33 quite often
      Also I´d prefer c/r flop to get more money in the pot
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze

When is more profitable slowplay and when it is not? The board is not so drawy, so I decided to slowplay. One reason I see why not slowplay there - he raised from early position and might have good hand more often, so we can extract money. Is this the reason or is there something more?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

When is more profitable slowplay and when it is not? The board is not so drawy, so I decided to slowplay. One reason I see why not slowplay there - he raised from early position and might have good hand more often, so we can extract money. Is this the reason or is there something more?
      well that spot question is hot you get maximum value of your hand
      - if you c/c flop and c/r turn then it looks very strong and often he may fold all the worse hands. So to get maximum value of his QQ-AA then I like c/r flop and making sure that all the money goes in on the river. If you take passive line and just c/c then he would likely may not barrel turn and just take his free turn card so you can´t really stack him, that´s why I like playing aggressive oop unless player is complete maniac and I can be sure he is barreling on every street with air