NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.81)
      BB ($4.22)
      UTG ($10.44)
      UTG+1 ($3.91)
      CO ($2.93)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, BTN calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) 7:diamond: A:heart: A:diamond:

Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

TURN ($3.90) 7:diamond: A:heart: A:diamond: 6:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

RIVER ($8.10) 7:diamond: A:heart: A:diamond: 6:spade: 4:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $4.30, Hero calls $4.30

20/16/3.8

steal from BTN 35,
      fold to 3bet 71,
      fold to cbet 25
      wtsd 23
      hands 264

On turn this might be a floating so I think I can call.

The river bet is half pot and there is no scare card, so its questionable, but I took passive line on turn, and showed weakness on the river, so I called.
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he mostly has there ace rather than some missed draw, so I´d prefer c/f river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

If you don't want to let him induce there then rather just Bet the turn yourself and that would be likely my line. Going for Check/Call on turn can easily just let him induce to bet the turn & river that's the problem. Even with draws/floats and weaker hands.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Bet the turn yourself and that would be likely my line. Going for Check/Call on turn can easily just let him induce to bet the turn & river that's the problem. Even with draws/floats and weaker hands.

But thats the point to induce bets from him, isn't it? If we bet he definitely fold weaker hands there and the draws is not so often here in his range. And we extract nothing, except the information that he did not have an ace.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Bet the turn yourself and that would be likely my line. Going for Check/Call on turn can easily just let him induce to bet the turn & river that's the problem. Even with draws/floats and weaker hands.

But thats the point to induce bets from him, isn't it? If we bet he definitely fold weaker hands there and the draws is not so often here in his range. And we extract nothing, except the information that he did not have an ace.
      I agree with Speedfanatic :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

How can you say that there ain't no draws? :) FD ain't a draw? Some floated SDs even are possible. But as I said, as you went for such a line then Check/Call both streets not that Check/Fold the river while he may easily have missed draws/bluffs and even weaker pairs in his range. ;)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      How can you say that there ain't no draws?

I was thinking there should be less draws because it is 3bet pot. But now I think he could steal with hand like 98s and his fold to 3bet is 71 and he has position, so probably he can call a 3bet with his 98s.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      How can you say that there ain't no draws?

I was thinking there should be less draws because it is 3bet pot. But now I think he could steal with hand like 98s and his fold to 3bet is 71 and he has position, so probably he can call a 3bet with his 98s.
      Yep. One thing I'd mention is that there are different player. Some only Call PPs/broadways. Some may Call even lighter and SCs starting from maybe like 67s. All those kind of players you have to note down, that's usually what I do. :)