[NL2-NL10] Live Hand AJo

• elhh82
      Preflop I have 200b, villain has about 100bb. I'm on BU. Villain is SB.

I get A J

UTG limps, CO huge fish limps, I iso-raise 5bb, SB call, BB call, UTG call

Flop A 8 X

checked to me, I didn't see UTG limp/called so I bet a bit too small. 8.5bb, SB call, all fold

Turn X

villain checks, I bet 12bb (too small again), villain raises another 35bb more so he has less than one pot size behind.

I was thinking of either putting him in, or folding, but I folded.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      well live play you should have some reads to the SB, but generally players would likely not bluff enough times that you should stack off with tp so I would prefer b/f turn
      If you think that your bets might induce smt, then b/c turn and call none spade river card
    • veriz
      Hello elhh82,

The pot on flop is ~21BB and you betting less like 8.5 BB. :( Way too small, I'd definitely bet it bigger ~15BB at least. Still have to protect and maybe even get value from weaker Ax hands.

As played
      Depends really on the villain although I don't think that he is going to Check/Raise you unless he is really a maniac/aggressive style guy. Therefore I'd even consider making a bit bigger bet and folding to the raise definitely as well. You most likely are beat here anyways.

Best regards.