This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Live Hand AJo

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Preflop I have 200b, villain has about 100bb. I'm on BU. Villain is SB.

I get A J

UTG limps, CO huge fish limps, I iso-raise 5bb, SB call, BB call, UTG call

Flop A 8 X

checked to me, I didn't see UTG limp/called so I bet a bit too small. 8.5bb, SB call, all fold

Turn X

villain checks, I bet 12bb (too small again), villain raises another 35bb more so he has less than one pot size behind.

I was thinking of either putting him in, or folding, but I folded.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      well live play you should have some reads to the SB, but generally players would likely not bluff enough times that you should stack off with tp so I would prefer b/f turn
      If you think that your bets might induce smt, then b/c turn and call none spade river card
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello elhh82,

The pot on flop is ~21BB and you betting less like 8.5 BB. :( Way too small, I'd definitely bet it bigger ~15BB at least. Still have to protect and maybe even get value from weaker Ax hands.

As played
      Depends really on the villain although I don't think that he is going to Check/Raise you unless he is really a maniac/aggressive style guy. Therefore I'd even consider making a bit bigger bet and folding to the raise definitely as well. You most likely are beat here anyways.

Best regards.