mansion cardshuffle

• whitefang43
      whitefang43
      Bronze
      i would like to know, if anyone knows how ongame shuffle the cards in cashgame hand, only ones or all through the hand?

if it's only ones in the start of the hand it's poker........

if it's all through the hand it's gambling and has nothing at all to do with poker
  • 15 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      normally it shuffles once, before dealing... but what's the difference if it doesn't? If the cards are unknown it doesn't matter which order they're in...
    • whitefang43
      whitefang43
      Bronze
      some pokersoftwares shuffle all through the hand, and while it doesn't matter preflop, it can make a big difference if you end up with AhAs against Qh10d and the flop comes 2c9sjh rainbow

1 shuffle only next 2 hands are 7c2d

shuffle all the way through turn 7c river 8 or K giving the draw a lot more outs!!

betting every card
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      erm... what? ^^
      Cards are in a random order, since they're shuffled and unknown. As long as you don't re-use the cards that are already known (the board), they'll still be in a random order. You'll lose 36% of the time against an OESD in any case...
    • whitefang43
      whitefang43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      erm... what? ^^
      Cards are in a random order, since they're shuffled and unknown. As long as you don't re-use the cards that are already known (the board), they'll still be in a random order. You'll lose 36% of the time against an OESD in any case...
      sure cards are random on the flop, but with AA vs KK there is a big difference wether the next two cards are locked or the cards are shuffled twice after the flop!!
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      explain the difference, I don't get it. unless you somehow manage to see the cards that are "supposed" to be dealt, what does it change?
    • Shuffler
      Shuffler
      Bronze
      I'm the Shuffler, and I say it does not matter ;)

/////Shuffler\\\\\
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by Shuffler

/////Shuffler\\\\\
      Rofl when I saw you had the last post in this topic I thought that :D

But it doesn't matter, if they are shuffled once, it's random, when they are shuffled after the flop it's random again.

Like if you have AA vs KK, you think KK will win more? If it's shuffled once, and there's a king coming on the turn (which you can't know) then it will come. If it's shuffled again, there might still come a king on the turn, the chance of that is just as big as when it's shuffled once.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shuffler

/////Shuffler\\\\\
      :D
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i read somewhere they shuffle the deck as in a livegame. assign a random number to every card.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Dunno about Mansion but i know Full Tilts RNG does 'shuffle' between each 'action' if you like. It requests the cards in batches out of a 52 card deck randomly, so Amount of players x2. And then 3 for the flop out of the remaining cards and 1 and 1 for the turn and river.

The idea of an online hand played out like a live game concerns me slightly as the cards would have to be stored in some way until they are required to be 'dealt'. This leads to an obvious security issue, obviously an unlikely one to exploit but if it wasn't there in the first place it could never be exploited.
    • h8core
      h8core
      Bronze
      At the end of the day...It doesn't matter...Don't think too much of it, there's absolutely no difference if it's a continuous or set shuffle - your aces still are 4:1 against kings
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I agree with ManniXXX, you cant compare it to "shuffling" as in a live game. I dont think there is a preset card that will come on the turn once the flop is decided but rather just a randomly generated number. It just randomly pulls out a number for the turn and river as it does for the cards you are dealt or the cards on the flop.

Therefore the idea of "Shuffling" is abstract.
    • fermion314
      fermion314
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phpps
      I agree with ManniXXX, you cant compare it to "shuffling" as in a live game. I dont think there is a preset card that will come on the turn once the flop is decided but rather just a randomly generated number. It just randomly pulls out a number for the turn and river as it does for the cards you are dealt or the cards on the flop.

Therefore the idea of "Shuffling" is abstract.
      Indeed, there's no shuffling. The cards aren't ordered before the flop, it just picks cards using a RNG.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Yeah I also read that FT's system takes random variables into account such as number of players playing in the current hand, number of players left in the tournament etc etc into generating the random cards. This in effect would remove any guilt about folding your middle pair on the flop which would of been trips on the turn, as it might not have actually made trips had you of stayed in the hand.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I know that PKR uses a random number assignment (from 1 to a million or something) to every card and then orders them ascending. If by a million to one chance 2 cards get the same number assigned they reshuffle the deck again. Don't know about Mansion though, but I heared it's a common programming technique.