Suspicious Full Tilt Poker hand, just when I'm about to leave.

• fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      I am not going to say anything. Everything was going very steadily. Well actually I was winning big time in blinds. But only on microstakes. I was winning like 30bb/100 (around 80 big blinds for that particular session).

So I'm like "ok this is a good session now, I must know when to quit as well".

Problem is, and I already saw it coming. I had won all that money, and... I mean there's a button to rebuy chips. But I'm not sure if you type -0,40, that you can deposit some money back from your stack. So I was like "this is pretty dangerous, I won a lot of BBs right now, bought in at $1,40 and am currently at $3,30, so if I get an all-in situation... it can get really ugly".

Anyway it didn't happen. So as I said I'm like ok this is it, and I select "sit out next big blind". I was playing 2 tables. And in one table I was like the SB, and in the other one I was like the BU or CO. So I had at least 5 or so hands to go.

But no no, not like the 5th would be another good hand. The SECOND hand I get on one of the tables is KK:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $1,97
      Hero:
      $2,47

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , K:club: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,02.
      UTG2 raises to $0,08, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,24, 2 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,56, Hero calls $0,32.

Flop: ($1,17) 5:heart: , 5:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 raises $1,41 (All-In), Hero calls $1,41.

Turn: ($3,99) 8:club:
      River: ($3,99) J:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,99

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows two-pair, aces and fives (Ah As)
      Hero shows (Kd Kc)

UTG2 wins with two-pair, aces and fives (Ah As)

WTF is that? While this happened I got KQ on the other table as well but wasn't quick enough and focussed enough to play it and timed out. Yeah I'm very new, 2 tables is enough for me. But on rush hour (2 good hands) it might be too much, I need a lot of thinking time.

And this was at the table where I had like $3,30. And now I realise it, this guy went all in and look at his stack. I had won very much but I only get to keep like $0,50 of my original stack.

Very very very very very very very suspicious.

I immediatly left after that hand.

According to the charts I should've pushed all in after his raise. There was a small chance on the flop that he could've hit the 5.

Won't say rigged. It's more like I want to share this hand because of a bad beat (sort of).
  • 15 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      firstly, you played like 300 hands, which is nothing.
      secondly KK<AA happens all the time, and its not a bad beat.
      thirdly if you are afraid playing deep, then just open up a new table and then just sit 100bb deep.
      "this is pretty dangerous, I won a lot of BBs right now, bought in at $1,40 and am currently at $3,30, so if I get an all-in situation... it can get really ugly".
      your thinking is completely wrong, you should be trying to do the +ev decisions, the results will come with time.
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      You just might be on something big here ... Tell us more!
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      [x] Coincidence.

Mistery solved.

Try to get a sample size of the ending of your sessions, you'll see that doesn't happen that often.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      dude,you know,i was like whatever,but then man,dude,i was like "wait dog",and then he was like "what?" and said "maaaan,fuck you!" then kinda like you know the thing that you get when you are there in the thing with the stuff that you always get when you get the thing,man,dude,dog,cuz???
      cuz' if you gettin' the respect that you get by getting the things that need to be get-ted when you are gotten by forgotten,just puttin random words that have convienient lexical structure to resemble the motiff?

NO???

MAAAAAAN,FUCK YOU!NO!Not you!Yes,him.Or her...can't really tell.

Hope that helped.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      firstly, you played like 300 hands, which is nothing.
      secondly KK<AA happens all the time, and its not a bad beat.
      thirdly if you are afraid playing deep, then just open up a new table and then just sit 100bb deep.
      "this is pretty dangerous, I won a lot of BBs right now, bought in at $1,40 and am currently at $3,30, so if I get an all-in situation... it can get really ugly".
      your thinking is completely wrong, you should be trying to do the +ev decisions, the results will come with time.
      +100000000
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakethat
      I am not going to say anything.
      Why do people say it when they don't mean it. 10 minutes of my life - gone.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      Originally posted by fakethat
      I am not going to say anything.
      Why do people say it when they don't mean it. 10 minutes of my life - gone.
      It took you ten minutes to read that? get some lessons man
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      omg that was witty
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      finnaly there are threads again in this forum that makes my day :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • iRozi54
      iRozi54
      Bronze
      Originally posted by z1pz0r
      You just might be on something big here ... Tell us more!
      hahahaha

it happens to me also...should i go to court with it? :f_confused: now i know i'm not the only one :s_biggrin:
    • AngryJack7
      AngryJack7
      Bronze
      Just like listening to my brother,he's like and I quote "dude I play poker for 1 year so I got experience and online poker is sooo rigged. I know for sure what hands computer gives and if you shove all in it punishes you with a suckout"
      and this is just a part of it...Always hilarious reading about conspiracy theories. :facepalm:
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Ok,no offence but reading this was a total waste of time.Get a life man! :f_confused: If you cant cope with variance,play chess or sth,or if you are so superstitious just dont turn off auto post blinds until the very last hand or simply fold KK pre.Thus,you ll never run into AA with your kings-easy game :f_cool:
      Cheers.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Pretty funny reading these post nowdays as they just get more and more, do peopel really think its just to print a chart read some strategy and sit and just win win win?
    • fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Oh well I guess it's nothing but I think I was playing 1 hand still for the SB, and then while I'm preflop I select "sit out next BB". And then I get KK immediatly afterwards. And lost basically all my progress in 1 hand. Just when I'm about to leave.

So yeah I'm just reporting it happened. If some other people notice these things happening when they're just about to leave it could be something special, yes.

If it never happens that much, then don't take it seriously. If there are however people logging in to these forums with the exact same experiences then it's good to report it on a forum. Just to keep track of these things.

Oh well I guess you guys are right about the "post more samples of hands you get when you select "sit out next bb". So yeah maybe this thread HAS been a 10 minute waste of everybody their lives.

And it's one thing to believe in conspiracy theories. But in this case it's more like "why wouldn't they rig the pokerrooms?".

Lol, because they care about ethics and moral?

So yeah after reading a lot of articles already about this and already getting a little bit suspicious, this happens. So I post it up on these forums.

But yeah after searching a little bit more, KK losing to AA isn't that much of a bad beat compared to like losing a set of aces because the other guy got 4 of a kind kings.

But it's a little bit stupid and naive to think that they wouldn't somehow rig pokerrooms just to increase profit. In chemistry people also use catalysts to speed up chemical processes.

I don't know if this particular KK hand happened because of some rigged system inside FTP, or if it was just bad luck, I admit.

Edit:
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      If I search in "glossary", it says that $ev is something else than ev. And $ev is what counts in the end. Not ev on it's own. If I limit my amount of chips that I can bring to the table and limit the amount of chips that I can keep at the table then I lose about as much from an all in situation as I win with an all in situation (given the ev is 50%). However if I don't limit this, I let lady luck take over again. Because I might win KK all in with 0,80 (short stack) in day 1, and then lose KK all in with 2,60 the following day. That means my BR is more susceptible to variance. Because it's always with random buy-ins. Random stack size.

It's like quantity and quality. If I win an all in situation with KK with a lot of big blinds, I have a good quality win. But the only thing I should be counting on is the quantity, because KK wins all in situations more often than it loses all in situations. If I keep "quality" level. Only then the quantity advantages will start to show. Anyway that's where my common sense stops and maybe poker strategy steps in.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Well, Fulltilt just broke so you get your revenge there :D

[edit in reply to edit: the difference between EV and $EV actually only applies to tournaments. Why? Because in tournaments "the chips you lose are actually more important than the chips you win". In cash games all "chips" have the same value so it doesn't matter, if you always get it in with an EV edge no matter how small then well... you should be winning on the "long run".
      I guess your problem is just being afraid of playing with a bigger stack.]