Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($14.02)
      hiro (CO) ($9.94)
      BTN ($10.54)
      SB ($11.47)
      BB ($9.85)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) hiro is CO 10:spade: A:club:
      UTG calls $0.10, hiro raises to $0.50, 1 fold, SB calls $0.45, 1 fold, UTG folds

Flop: Q:heart: K:diamond: 9:heart: ($1.20, 2 players)
      SB bets $0.60, hiro folds

Final Pot: $1.80

Opponent seemed to me as bad regular .

I was wondering would I cbet but he donked instead . If he checked cbet or not ?

I can surely call and flout turn , or just raise flop - I have still some outs , but as my opponent isn't really good I thought that I wouldn't easilly give him up from most of his holdings
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

Against such donks I'd just raise it up with even our GS+overcard. We of course have a lot of fold equity and his line is likely very weak anyways. If he had a strong hand then he would rather Check/Raise it not donk that amount.

But of course folding is likely just the safest play.

Best regards.
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      So direct raise is better than float for instance ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hohoho321
      So direct raise is better than float for instance ?
      Nah, you can float as well. But more often if I had the PFA I do like raising. The reason is that for example if we don't have the PFA action then he may CBet this way weak and if he doesn't have a hand then he is very likely going to Check the turn. And if he does then it means he as well has a weak hand while he even didn't protect from any kind of draws.

By raising of course you may even make hands like some PPs to fold which by just Calling might not do that.