[NL2-NL10] NL2 ATs from BU

• AKM247
      Good morning,

Two post dead blinds, one limper and the blinds - I raise double the pot to try and take it down there actually - plus I have position so I am happy with pre flop raise.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      MP1 posts deadblind, CO posts deadblind, UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, 2 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.16, 2 folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.43) 4, A, 8 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.54(All-In), UTG1 calls $0.54.

Turn: ($1.51) 9 (2 players)

River: ($1.51) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.51.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines(Th Ah).
      UTG1 shows three of a kind, nines(Kc 9c).

UTG1 wins with three of a kind, nines(Kc 9c).

Post flop, based on my stack to pot ratio - I think I either take a shove or check/fold line, of course a J kicker at least would be more ideal but is the shove ok? I believe that I have FE with a shove - I would like your opinion on this. Considering my only worry here is a FD from villain - I don't think he checks if he limped with A rag and hit his 2 pair?

• 2 replies
    • RubyWesson
      I bet your heart was pumping with the turn and river, i had a win like the villain the other day I had AK he had KK FLop was like AK2 then both all in, then turn A river A i felt so guilty as i was way behind. But im sure i will have it the other way around some day

On topic:

Im not a judge but i say your play was good, only thing i can see that was wrong was the low(ish) kicker but life goes on.
    • Gerv

I think it is better to either raise a bit bigger preflop or just go for 1/2 pot flp & turn because you then allow him to call abit wider than if you would shove yourself

shoving here only results in him calling Ax and you hope he has some flushdraws

Best regards,