poker boot camps - are they really worth the price of admission?

• john111x
      john111x
      Basic
      I'm not a newcomer to poker - I've been playing and studying on my own for the last 4 years. I have from time to time looked into the poker boot camps and have wondered if they are worth the price of admission - if they actually do help one's game enough to make it worth either 2G's for a 2 day seminar (that's about 20 to 30 buy-ins to the local tournaments in CA for me) or 60/yr for the wsop online academy.

Are they really helpful, or just out to take your money? one makes a dubious claim of giving you a "certification" in the game - what good is that - which makes me ask the above questions.

Any insight y'all might have will be appreciated.
  • 3 replies
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi John,

I don't know about these seminars but I know about our content
      we have forums to discuss hands, strategy articles, live coachings and pokervideos (e.g. guys like Jonathan Little and Phil Shaw do so)

I honestly believe this site is a great chance to improve your poker game

Cheers,

Pascal
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      and something he failed to mention... you dont have to pay a single cent to avail of all the fabulous content here :f_love:

smiles,
      wendy
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      They are usually ran by "live pros" who are terrible and condone doing lots of bad things. Not only do I say that these are usually -ev for the $ spent, but I actually think they put your game BACK.

Post questions on PS and we will get our online whizz kids to pop by and make sure we help you out :)