This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

poker boot camps - are they really worth the price of admission?

• john111x
      john111x
      Basic
      I'm not a newcomer to poker - I've been playing and studying on my own for the last 4 years. I have from time to time looked into the poker boot camps and have wondered if they are worth the price of admission - if they actually do help one's game enough to make it worth either 2G's for a 2 day seminar (that's about 20 to 30 buy-ins to the local tournaments in CA for me) or 60/yr for the wsop online academy.

Are they really helpful, or just out to take your money? one makes a dubious claim of giving you a "certification" in the game - what good is that - which makes me ask the above questions.

Any insight y'all might have will be appreciated.
  • 3 replies
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi John,

I don't know about these seminars but I know about our content
      we have forums to discuss hands, strategy articles, live coachings and pokervideos (e.g. guys like Jonathan Little and Phil Shaw do so)

I honestly believe this site is a great chance to improve your poker game

Cheers,

Pascal
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      and something he failed to mention... you dont have to pay a single cent to avail of all the fabulous content here :f_love:

smiles,
      wendy
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      They are usually ran by "live pros" who are terrible and condone doing lots of bad things. Not only do I say that these are usually -ev for the $ spent, but I actually think they put your game BACK.

Post questions on PS and we will get our online whizz kids to pop by and make sure we help you out :)