hi every1

• kaphino
      kaphino
      Bronze
      Hi, im from portugal here and have been playing online poker for about 3 years. When i started i was desperate for money and lost a lot. I never bothered learning/reading. I went straight into it and fell hard! This year, i told myself i would need to improve by learning as much as i could from others and also have more patience with the game! I've gained back slowly from techniques and skills I've picked up just this year and now I am always looking for ways to to improve my game. This site is a great start!

Good luck to you all!
  • 12 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there kaphino,

Welcome to our community!

I think you came to the right place. Have you passed our quiz yet or still studying for it?

We definitely have plenty of Strategy articles to read, Videos to watch and coaching for you to attend.

Whats your game type and where are you planning to play at?
      Let us know how you getting along
      Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Kaphino,

Such a nice name, rolls so good off the tongue.

Really good to see that you're keen to learn. The educational side of PokerStrategy is really taking off and we have some fantastic content.

What games are you playing at the moment? I'm sure we will be able to point you in the right direction re:articles/videos.
    • kaphino
      kaphino
      Bronze
      Hey guys, sorry for the late reply and thanks for the welcome! Looks like you both have been here awhile.

I did pass the quiz and used my 50$ capital... thank you pokerstrategy :)

I normally play low stakes sit n go's (6 handed mostly) and enter a few tournaments now and then. I do well sometimes and i consider myself a fairly solid and consistent player excpet i have a problem controlling my temper especially after a bad beat, ill turn into a loose cannon lol. So im trying to improve on that area!

I also want to learn more about the psychological aspects of low stake sit n go's so if you have any links on that please let me know :)
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      i used to be the same try playing like a load of cash game hands low stakes, ive done doing this, and i can put up with anything now, Ive had like 3AA busted this session KK vs AA, JJ vs KK, ive just learnt when im on top that i will make a return more often than not from these situations. I used to be sooo bad, i would just buy in my whole BR at stupid limits and blow it.Im glad them days are over :)
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      and here is a link for all the Phychology articles.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/

Also try reading "the poker mindset"

Ive read like the 1st 30ish pages, and i thought its brilliant havnt got around to finishing it yet, but ive heard great feedback from everybody about this book.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thank you Ruby for your awesome and helpful answers.

I just thought to add:

+++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++

As we are very proud and would love you guys to post your questions!

Enjoy :heart:
      Ingrid

and we also wish best of luck for pleno1 as he is in LAS VEGAS playing right now in the WSOP!!
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      My names matt btw, my daughters called ruby :) , donno if may help my poker alias? I guess a lot of males believe they can beat a women? (ego), but dont really notice i guess. Wish i had picked my name now, anyway to change a PS username ingrid?

Sorry for the Off~topic
    • DuDaa
      DuDaa
      Bronze
      We could play some time together and learn a bit from each other :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RubyWesson
      Wish i had picked my name now, anyway to change a PS username ingrid?
      Sorry for the Off~topic
      Hi Matt (this time really saying hi to you :D )

Unfortunately, we are unable to change usernames. Unless we have a very good reason to (for example, a very very inappropriate name). ;)

I guess a lot of males believe they can beat a women? (ego)
      Tell me about it! :facepalm:

Ingi
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      btw! I love the name Ruby, really cute name for your daughter. :club: :heart: :club:
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      My partner pregnant at the moment aswell due on te 31st july and its another girl ;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Congratulations :) :)

Have you guys decided on a name yet?

Ingrid