[NL20-NL50] NL25 : Another AA

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $25
      Hero:
      $26,38
      SB:
      $15

0/0 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , A:club:
      UTG+1 calls $0,25, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $1,20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3,50, SB calls $3,40, 2 folds, MP2 calls $2,30.

Flop: ($10,65) Q:diamond: , J:spade: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $10,40, Hero raises to $20,80, SB folds, MP2 raises to $21,50 (All-In)

Turn: ($52,95) Q:heart:
      River: ($52,95) 2:club:

Final Pot: $52,95

Sixth time in 3 days I got it cracked, got -110 $ on AA now for the last week. I don't know how to defend myself from this ...
  • 13 replies
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Raise more preflop, ~3.85$.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Honestly, what's 10 % of the raise size gonna make for a difference ?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      nh imo. No way I'm folding aces on this flop to just one bet. Judging by your comment, I'd say he had AQ? Welcome to downswing city :D
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      JJ
      It's just happening so much lately that I lose them that I'm really wondering whether I could avoid those situations.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Well, ok, 10% is nothing and my comment is worthless. Keep giving your opponent better odds then and stop posting hands for advice concerning how to "defend against this".
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I was referring to the post flop situation.
      I just don't see what 10 % preflop's gonna do ??? I realise the raises in my previously posted AA hands (the deepstacked ones) were too low, but 10 % just seems like nitpicking.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      You can't defend against this postflop. That's why you've got to make the preflop pot bigger. I'm not saying your size is atrocious or anything, just that it isn't 100% optimal. More like 90%. But hey, if you can live with that, fine by me.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      It'll have to make due, 6 tabling it's hard to calculate the perfect potsize raise each time :)
      Sry, got a bit defensive there, dunno why ... guess I didn't like my evening dinner.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Look, I´d never fold AA on that flop either but after a lot of similar situations, I came to decide that I cannot play AA post flop as if it is a strong hand , which it is not (and KK, QQ for that matter). So I raise pf, while I´m ahead and if I meet resistance on the flop I call his bet and see the turn as cheap as possible.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I raise a little more preflop and would also go broke on the flop.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      I raise a little more preflop and would also go broke on the flop.
      You reckon it is EV+ to call AI every time on a flop like this?
      I mean AA is not such a strong hand pos flop . I ´m very interested in this definiion because it is one of my leaks: How to play KK+ on this type of situation, when vilain donkbets the flop.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      No, I don't suggest to go broke with AA in any situation. The factors that lead to my decision here are:

1. The pot size: the pot is quite big and you don't have too much behind. Hence, you are getting pretty good odds. As a rule of thumb: going broke with TPTK or better in reraised pots with 100BB stacks is typically not a mistake!

2. The board texture: if the board is really dry, there are not many hands that he can have. Assume you have aces on a K72 rainbow flop and there is a lot of action. Well, your opponents either overplays TP, tries to bluff you or has a monster (=typically a set). On a drawy board, he may often have a OESD, FD+Overcards or any other combodraw in addition to the hands mentioned before. Hence, there are more hands against which you are favorite...
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Ok. Thanks