November Roundup!

• 316 replies
    • nikolass2
      nikolass2
      Bronze
      Good luck mate! Will be following your blog as I'm also playing 6-max cash game! :f_biggrin:
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      A thought about micro stakes 6 max. What are the optimum stats you can have with concern to your vpip and pr? To start with i was playing somewhere around 22/15. And i was winning, but at very slow rate. Now I have decided to play more lag, more like 30/23 and it seems to be paying off. Even at this limit there are lots of players playing like 12/10. Is it profitable to play this way or am I just getting lucky?

Another thought. I read today that games have stopped on Full Tilt, even for non US players, and that cashouts are being rejected. Will this happen on Pokerstars?
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot Nikolass! Good luck to you too!
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Played quite a long session just there. Probably around 3 hours. Up two buy ins so bank roll currently stands at $332 dollars. Probably going to try and get another couple of winning sessions under my belt, maybe get my bankroll to around $350/360 and start taking shots at NL10. Had one cooler where I lost with worse full house and this hand:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.14
      BB:
      $5.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $5.37
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $7.14
      BU:
      $4.27

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 9.
      Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.20, BU raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.87) 4, J, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.45, Hero calls $1.45.

Turn: ($4.77) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.02, Hero calls $2.02.

River: ($8.81) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.81.
      Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, kings and sevens(A K).
      Hero shows two pairs, nines and sevens(9 9).

BU wins with two pairs, kings and sevens(A K).

Villain was aggressive fish (playing like 42/30) and I just sensed that he didn't have anything and decided to go with the hand. Oh well.

Going to have some food and watch Wimbeldon then play some more later on. Come on Andy Murray!
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Good luck man :) I'd suggest moving up to NL10 as soon as possible to be honest. I've been playing some NL10 tables recently when there haven't been any decent NL25 tables going and it's really soft. Although i've never played NL5 6-max so don't know how soft it is comparably :D But I have managed to win like 7BI in 2.3k hands :D
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Thanks Wriggers! Yeah with my bankroll it is probably ok to start taking shots. If it doesn't work out I can always move back down I suppose. Only thing is that I have tried taking shots before and it hasn't gone well, due to bad play along with tilt. That's probably why i'm such a nit with my roll. Still, I feel like my game has come on a lot since I last gave NL10 a shot so probably worth a try.

Andy Murray is cruising! Could this be the year? Let's hope so.
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      First losing session for a while. Tried playing two tables of NL10 and 2 of NL5 but really don't think i'm ready for NL10. Get pretty scared when a big pot develops and I only have the second nuts! :f_cry: Gay I know. Had a couple of coolers, one on NL5 and then one on NL10 when I got it in with 97 on 2789 board with three spades. He flips TT with a spade so it's pretty much a flip, maybe i'm like 40%. He hits his ten for a set and scoops $25 pot :f_confused:
      What can you do.

Think i'm going to have a break and then open up some more NL5 tables. Maybe one NL10 but not sure.

Bankroll at $321.
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Been a pretty poor day on the poker front. Played a ton and finished down around 4 buy ins for NL10 and 2 buy ins for NL5. Think I was overdoing it a bit and playing too loose. Also wasn't concentrating very well at all. Need to have more breaks during sessions i think. Oh well, what can you do. Hopefully have a better day tomorrow, although not sure how much i'm going to play as I will be leaving for Glasgow early evening. Really can't wait. Not been clubbing for a while. Going to check out my sisters new flat as well and then meeting her and her friends in the club later on. Should be good. Decided to play NL10 untill my bankroll falls below $250. It is profit I am playing with anyway so I shouldn't be too worried about losing it. If I go below that it will be back to NL5 :(

Think that is about it for just now. Like I said, hopefully a better day tomorrow! Bankroll at $293

p.s can anyone reccomend and good books, articles, videos for beating micro stakes?
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze

Bankroll at $263
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Finally managed to hit a flop :D

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $5.21
      MP3:
      $5.48
      CO:
      $6.48
      BU:
      $3.65
      SB:
      $2.50
      BB (Hero):
      $5.27

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 6.
      3 folds, BU calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BU calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.52) 9, 5, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, BU calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.22) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BU raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $4.67, BU calls $1.45.

River: ($8.94) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.94.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, nine high(7 6).
      BU shows a straight, jack high(T 7).

BU wins with a straight, jack high(T 7).

:f_cry:
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      A German friend reccomended this song to me and I must admit he has actually found a decent one for once!

]
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Well... Ended up in Aberdeen instead of Glasgow. Long story short, a friend who was supposed to be coming to Glasgow had to go to Aberdeen and the person I was meant to be staying with in Glasgow was very drunk throughout the Saturday! So joined my friend on a trip to Aberdeen instead and had a couple of nights out there. Was very good fun actually but feeling pretty tired now. Going to relax for a bit then get back to the poker tonight. Don't think I recorded my session from the other morning, but think i was basically up a buyin after 800 or so hands. Played some really solid poker, a lot better than the previous night. Concentration is so key. Will update later on tonight.

Bankroll at $318.43
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Just finished a reasonably successful session. Finished up around 3 and a half buy ins I believe, but also unlocked a $50 VPP bonus thing which is very handy for my bankroll! Wasn't actually running that well untill a couple of fish helped me out. One funny hand:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $11.07
      SB:
      $10.54
      BB (Hero):
      $10.31
      MP2:
      $14.90
      MP3:
      $12.21
      CO:
      $17.22

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 3, 9, 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.70, BU calls $0.70, Hero calls $0.70.

Turn: ($3.05) 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $2.10, Hero raises to $9.31, MP3 folds, BU calls $7.21.

River: ($21.67) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.67.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, ace high(T A).
      BU shows two pairs, sixes and threes(J 6).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(T A).

You really do wondeer about some people. Maybe he thought he had two hearts. Who knows. Anyway, best hit the hay, staying up so late these days!

Bankroll at $403 :D
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      OK, so hardly any good games running on stars tonight. Played earlier for an hour or so and ended up almost two buyins thanks to a couple of fish. Starting to feel a lot more comfortable on NL10 now. Think I have been running pretty good as well though. Still, I can't exactly keep going with NL5 when I now have over 40 buyins for NL10. Getting a little bit annoyed with some friends who don't understand poker. Spoke to a friend tonight who told me to get a job over summer and that poker is just gambling. I tried to explain it to him but some people just don't get it, no matter how much you try. :f_confused:

Anyway, hope the games will improve a bit and I will play another session tonight.

Bankroll at $421
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Don't try man. A lot of my friends are like that, when I continued saying it wasn't gambling they told me to prove it, so I showed them stats and graphs. Didn't work, they still think it's just gambling. There is simply no changing some people's mind, they're so set in their opinions and pretty ignorant. I simply avoid talking about poker at all to the majority of my friends now because i'm sick of them just laughing and not taking me seriously about it :rolleyes:
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Played a small session just there. Played pretty well I think, and also ran pretty good again. Ended up around 2 buyins over 800 hands or so. Games are soooo much tougher during the day. Still, shows that I am progressing when I can recognise that I am playing with decent players. I remember when I used to just sit down at any old table and play my own cards and nothing else.

One interesting hand from earlier session:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.22
      BB (Hero):
      $11.19
      MP3:
      $26.07
      CO:
      $10.15
      BU:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, K.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

Flop: ($3.65) 6, 5, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, CO folds, BU calls $2.70.

Turn: ($9.05) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.10, Hero calls $6.10.

River: ($21.25) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.25.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixes(J K).
      BU shows a pair of sixes(A 7).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sixes(J K).

Not sure what to think of it. Have put it into the forum where I explain my thought process so veriz will have a look at it.

Going to go and make some lunch then watch episode 6 of the big game. Will play some more after that.

Bankroll at £448
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      hey swanny :)
      playing nl10 6max as well.
      friends who dont play poker are unable
      to understand that poker is a game of skill,
      so dont bother trying to explain it :f_biggrin: