DannyG13 - Revitalised

• DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      December 2013 update - Back playing after a very long time away, largely due to finishing my studies. Skip to the latter pages..
  • 738 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Good luck Danny :)
      :f_confused:
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Just knocked out my first session, just over 1k hands and up just under 4 buyins. Will take a little time I think to adjust to this limit, plays a little different to NL25 believe it or not.

Also sucks playing for such menial amounts of $$, but meh, needs must, hopefully won't be for too long.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Meh, I know I only just started this but gonna knock it on the head, at least for now. Grinding NL2 after being comfortably rolled for NL25 is painful, hated playing this limit when I first started playing poker! Just seems pretty pointless..

Gonna just take a break for a bit and see what happens in a few weeks regarding my roll on Full Tilt. If things don't look good with that I may seek a stake for NL25 or something, think about it more when the time comes.

Short and (not so) sweet I guess :D

gl
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear that Danny, but of course totally understandable.

As in anything taking a break can be an excellent way to recharge the batteries and allow you to come back hyper-focused.
      It's worked a treat in other sports I've played and I often play better poker after taking a few regular short breaks.

Looking forward to seeing a new blog hopefully in sometime soon.

Good luck & enjoy the rest,

Bart
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hey Danny,

You have been around since the time I started my first blog long time ago and I remember sweating together back then. Kinda sad to see you go

I can just say I understand how you feel and make sure to take care of yourself and enjoy your break.

Simon/Steve
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      So, new month, new opportunities. What better time to actually get this thing started?

With a very generous stake from THESHade, im back playing again. Agreed to play NL25 FR, but after 6k hands it's making me want to cry, such a nit-fest haha! Maybe I didn't realise when all I was playing was FR and crushing it before black friday, but now after playing a fair bit of SH since, it's just so different.

So today, I spoke with my staker and ill be playing SH from now on. Starting with NL10, hopefully won't be long before im taking shots at NL25.

Will try and update my progress, posts hands I have trouble with, that sorta thing here and not stop again after like 5 posts haha, all comments, questions, random posts, etc are welcome! :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Gogogogogo Danny! Midstakes in no time imo, and then we can start crushing the live arena with Tom? :D
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Gogogogogo Danny! Midstakes in no time imo, and then we can start crushing the live arena with Tom? :D
      Haha that's the plan! :D
    • albionpro
      albionpro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Gogogogogo Danny! Midstakes in no time imo, and then we can start crushing the live arena with Tom! :D
      FYP there is no question here, we will do it :D

GL danny, im sorry you cant hack FR like the best of us but nvm im sure the easier* SH will turn you a profit :f_biggrin:

*imho
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Whereas the master here <<<<< Has beat them both* :s_cool:

* up to NL25
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Played about ~1.2k hands yesterday, didn't go as planned. Down just under 3 BI I guess, haven't looked specifically at results/cashier yet, plan on doing that and reviewing big pots every 5k hands or so, just so im not as results orientated.

Didn't play as well as I know I can yesterday, calling down way too light for starters. Gonna take a while to readjust to SH, watched a couple of videos this morning and very confident ill turn the negative into profit soon enough.

Gonna try and play at least a couple of hours tonight, 1k hands at least.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      i guess i better make an appearance here
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Just realised there's no first post for this blog haha, doesn't make it the most interesting for new readers! Can't be bothered re-writing the whole thing again, so gonna add some very brief cliffs :D
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      i guess i better make an appearance here
      Yes toby, yes you should :D

btw if anyone up for sweats/hand discussions or just general poker talk, feel free to Skype me @ dannyg1391
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Played about 1.6k hands since last update, playing a lot better and finally back in profit! :D

Couple of interesting hands, gonna post a few over the weekend but will post one here that I think I played pretty bad leading to a tough river spot, thoughts?

MP3 - 37/32/4, fold to 3bet 100% over small(ish) sample.
      SB - Only 36 hands on him, 28/14, very weak passive.

Should I 3bet pre in this spot? Raise flop or turn at all? MP3 is so aggro that I wanted him to just keep firing off his entire range, which led to a sick river spot. Is he 2xPSB shove the river with a strong hand, call? Fold?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $11.00
      BU:
      $12.59
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $12.73
      MP3:
      $10.15

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      MP3 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1) J, 4, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, SB folds.

Turn: ($2.2) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($4.4) 5 (1 players)
      MP3 bets $8.15(All-In), Hero ?
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Anyone have any idea how to remove how much you're up/down mid-session when you hover over the HEM Table Manager in the task bar?
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Sooo, not much to update poker-wise. Spent the weekend working, usually only work Saturdays but worked Sunday as well this week, which has resulted in me having next Saturday off which is a rarity. Coincidentally, next Saturday just so happens to be the start of the new Premier League football season, which ive been looking forward to since the end of May :D Missed competitive football so much haha!

Gonna try and put in a lot of volume from today to Friday, then probably spend Saturday watching non-stop football and drinking, gotta make the most of my day off right?!

Also got a few hands marked for review in HEM that I reallyyyy need to stick in the hand evaluation forum. Will try and do that tonight, no promises though :f_biggrin:
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Just a tad frustrated atm.. 5 BI down today in just 1.3k hands. Can't blame it on EV run bad, cos EV's pretty much matching the downward slope too.

Not sure if it's just variance or if im playing like a fucking moron. Makes it worse as well that it's my staker's money, down like 7 BI (after ~7.5k hands) since the stake started. Affecting my play maybe? I dunno..

Probably best to not play any more tonight. Tried to watch a video or two to see if I can find a few leaks that I obviously have, server still down. Typical :f_biggrin:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      Anyone have any idea how to remove how much you're up/down mid-session when you hover over the HEM Table Manager in the task bar?
      Yes. Just don't hover.