This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

VP$IP problem

• Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      hi
      all i am used to is 9 player sng's so i use vp$ip to help me work out ranges
      thinking of moving to stars, but the game i play they only offer 6 max tables, obviously i have no idea what the vp$ip will represent now
      can anyone lead me to an article which will help me understand 6 max vp$ip in relation to hand ranges
      Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Melissaash

The VPIP and PFR are percentage and represent a range. So let's say someone opens 13% from UTG. That means he opens 13% of hands from that position and it doesn't matter whether it is 6 max or 9 max.

I hope it clarify's things up a bit

Best regards

Thazar
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      ty
      i was kind of thinking that, but 6 handed i see much higher vp$ip numbers as obviously players are not as tight as they are full ring, so was just wondering
      so for example a TAG may have a vp$ip of 8-10 in full ring but maybe 20-40 6 max?
      does that make sense
      is it a case of, tags and super rocks dont really play 6 max?

so if a rock has a vp%ip and pfr of 6/2 full ring i can easily guess his range
      but im going to struggle ealy days if that same player were to have 18/6 at 6 max, at least i think i will
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      It is true that players are much looser on SH however 20-40 is not a tag :) . I guess you will have to get used to it. maybe read some more articles and watch a few videos. maybe also ask in the SNG discussion

Best regards

Thazar
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      thanks thazar