VP$IP problem

• Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      hi
      all i am used to is 9 player sng's so i use vp$ip to help me work out ranges
      thinking of moving to stars, but the game i play they only offer 6 max tables, obviously i have no idea what the vp$ip will represent now
      can anyone lead me to an article which will help me understand 6 max vp$ip in relation to hand ranges
      Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Melissaash

The VPIP and PFR are percentage and represent a range. So let's say someone opens 13% from UTG. That means he opens 13% of hands from that position and it doesn't matter whether it is 6 max or 9 max.

I hope it clarify's things up a bit

Best regards

Thazar
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      ty
      i was kind of thinking that, but 6 handed i see much higher vp$ip numbers as obviously players are not as tight as they are full ring, so was just wondering
      so for example a TAG may have a vp$ip of 8-10 in full ring but maybe 20-40 6 max?
      does that make sense
      is it a case of, tags and super rocks dont really play 6 max?

so if a rock has a vp%ip and pfr of 6/2 full ring i can easily guess his range
      but im going to struggle ealy days if that same player were to have 18/6 at 6 max, at least i think i will
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      It is true that players are much looser on SH however 20-40 is not a tag :) . I guess you will have to get used to it. maybe read some more articles and watch a few videos. maybe also ask in the SNG discussion

Best regards

Thazar
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      thanks thazar