[NL20-NL50] NL25SH:TPTK deepish

    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.10.2006 Posts: 865
      What to do on the flop? ie. Do we or don't we commit.

      There is a Grab'em bug which incorrectly displays aggression. Villain had an AF of 2.5 or so.

      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $42.89
      Hero:
      $40.58

      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

      Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO raises to $2.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.50.

      Flop: ($5.35) J:club: , 5:spade: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $13, Hero ?
  • 7 replies
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.10.2007 Posts: 484
      ugly spot
      i think this is a good spot to 4 bet preflop and would be an easy allin on the flop . as played its ugly . looks like a bet that doesnt want to be called . you could shove and a lot of times he might call you with qq jj
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.02.2007 Posts: 3,385
      if you don't want to play TPTK, then don't play AK ^^, Either donkbet on check/raise here. In this case, it's an easy push imo.
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.03.2007 Posts: 73
      I 4-bet pre, then I play for stacks on this flop.

      edit: what I mean is that you got yourself in a pretty ugly situation by flatcalling his pre-flop raise.

      edit2: seeing his crazy stats (40/14 and 40ats...) and his idiotic donkbet I still play for stacks. :)
      Don't really know the best line on flop though as you're WA/WB and push will only fold out worse hands (QQ, maybe KQ, or any random shit he has)., also flop is 'pretty' dry.
      Maybe c/r turn would be sexy to get most value.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.10.2006 Posts: 865
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      if you don't want to play TPTK, then don't play AK ^^, Either donkbet on check/raise here. In this case, it's an easy push imo.
      Aren't I in fact playing TPTK? I'm not too sure what you mean by your first comment.

      This is clearly a WA/WB situation so if I push here I will never fold-out better and hardly ever be called by worse. Pushing here is a good to way to make sure that villain plays his hand perfectly.

      Maybe a donkbet could be the way to go.



      Originally posted by carebax
      I 4-bet pre, then I play for stacks on this flop.

      edit: what I mean is that you got yourself in a pretty ugly situation by flatcalling his pre-flop raise.

      edit2: seeing his crazy stats (40/14 and 40ats...) and his idiotic donkbet I still play for stacks. :)
      Don't really know the best line on flop though as you're WA/WB and push will only fold out worse hands (QQ, maybe KQ, or any random shit he has)., also flop is 'pretty' dry.
      Maybe c/r turn would be sexy to get most value.
      Since most villains don't generally 3bet too light I feel that by 4betting here I turn my hand into a bluff. I could still fold to a shove though. If villain flat-calls my 4bet then I would be OOP with only about 1.5 x pot behind. That really is ugly since I miss most flops.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.02.2007 Posts: 3,385
      @ nunki: I was referring to your first question ("Do we or don't we commit"). What I mean is that in a reraised pot you'll be committed pretty much everytime with TPTK. Folding is absolutely not an option, the thing I'm not sure about is whether to donk-bet or c/r. I think a check-raise is better, but I'm not 100% sure.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.10.2006 Posts: 865
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      @ nunki: I was referring to your first question ("Do we or don't we commit"). What I mean is that in a reraised pot you'll be committed pretty much everytime with TPTK. Folding is absolutely not an option,.....
      With normal sized raises and 100BB stacks then going AI w/TPTK is the logical conclusion of the PF play on just about any board. In the hand in question though we are 160BB's deep and villain's reraise PF was on the small size. In such cases the decision to commit is not trivial and the posibility of putting in 150BB's when drawing virtually dead needs to be carefully weighed against the possibility of our folding the best hand.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Joined: 28.05.2006 Posts: 12,896
      Ugly. However, I don't see him playing a strong hand this way. Hence, I c/c flop and turn. If he checks behind on the turn, I value bet the river.