HEM Training

• djsandford
      djsandford
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm a reasonably competent amateur player and overall I'm just about a winning player. The problem is that, due to the fact the psychological side of the game is my strong point, I win more in live games than online.. this month I've lost.

Up till now I've avoided tracking software but I think maybe it's time to give it a whirl. Is there a place I can get direct (ideally one on one) training with HEM and table scanner so that I can use it properly.. I'd happily pay an experience user to teach.

I don't need to utilise all its features atm.. maybe just look at things like who folds 3 bets and who has a propensity to call/ steal. - Also the hud is absolute chinese to me.. can somebody please explain it?

Thanks,
  • 7 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi djsandford,

learning how to read stats should help move your poker game forward :)
      it really takes a lot of practice and some getting used to. i would recommend starting to understand the most important stats first and expanding from there.

We have some articles in the silver section which talk about stat basics and interpretation. :s_cool: But i realized your membership is still basic. Do you need some help? still studying for the quiz? you can also deposit in any of the poker rooms using our links to generate points.

i was going to delete the links but maybe some other users might want them for reference:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1780/1/

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1781/1/

good luck!

wendy
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Purplefizz thanks for those 2 links, have been looking for info on how to interprete stats in HM but have not been too successful, but these articles are a goldmine, well to me anyway.

Good post and thanks to djsandford for asking original question.

As a suggestion could this article and the 2 in bronze section on game analysis be combined and made into a video. Im sure there is a lot of players out there who would find it very helpful.

Look forward to the vid :)

Dene
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      wow glad i didnt delete them then. you're very welcome dene :D
      you have even more to look forward to when you reach gold. :) especially the deeper analysis of types of players now with some stats added.

we will forward your suggestion, thanks! :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • djsandford
      djsandford
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replys guys..

for purplefizz - yes I am still a basic member but I have completed and passed the test and signed up with everest.

It's been a bit of a challange really because I had previously signed up to partypoker (so cant use that) and will hill downloaded with some kind of bug that gave me a flickering cursor and didnt work properly. Now I've got everest and am still waiting for the $50 to appear.

Is this the only way to up my status? Id like to see some more of the vids.. They're really good - from what I get to see of them :(

Good idea about the hem vid as well Dene.

Thanks,
      Dave
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi dave,

at present time, the only way to improve your status is to be playing on accounts tracked with PokerStrategy.com. it doesnt matter which room as long as you used our links. i'll ask if someone can check the status of your $50 so you can start your poker journey with us :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      hey thanks for the links here!! I never bothered to check the "others" section!! (how lazy am I!!)

Dave there is a very well known saying around PS forums its " good luck at the tables" I'm sure you will do well even before you reach silver, the bronze articles will push you up to silver in no time at all!!! :P

Roo

:)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      you're very welcome roo! :D

thanks too for your encouraging words. we all appreciate it. :)