[NL2-NL10] NL10 TP+nutflush on flop

• awesomeo
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0,40, CO folds, Hero calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) 7:club: , 5:diamond: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,91, Hero raises to $2,70, MP3 raises to $9,60 (All-In), Hero calls $6,90.

Turn: ($20,15) 3:spade:
      River: ($20,15) J:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20,15

Is it correct play to get it in on the flop? My plan was to raise/call because of my 46% equity even against 44,55,77,JJ+. My guess was that if he has at least some folding hands in his range this should be profitable raise and if not I have profitable call with (in the ideal case) 14 outs.
  • 2 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Your flop is played correctly because you have great equity against his whole range, and we want him to fold his equity share.
      But I do not like your preflop call against MP3 with A7s, because we are dominated here by very strong Aces and we do not know how to play it correctly, if we hit Ace.
      If the opponent folds often for 3 bet then it is a good spot for 3 bet bluf
      since you have A blocker.
      Calling range against an average regular would be here AQs 22-QQ and 3 bet AK AA to KK, depens of opponent 3bet QQ/AK or not.
    • veriz
      Hello awesomeo,

I'd just add that of course it's possible to play such hands. But you as well must have postflop plan or either at least know that you have loose opponents behind you.

For example in this case you see that the ain't going to showdown a lot. Or either he has a leak in CBets and against those opponents it's definitely possible to play the hand. You must know that you can take stabs against him on specific boards or either abuse him postflop with his CBets or without knowing that great the opponent it will be hard to play such hands very profitable.

Best regards.