Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11,36
      BB:
      $12,83

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,80) 8:diamond: , 6:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,6, BB calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,00) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,2, BB raises to $2,90, Hero calls $1,70.

River: ($7,80) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $8,93 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $7,80

Any alternatives to the way I played it? I didn't expected the turn raise but it was small and I needed to extract just about 2$ more if I complete my flush on the river to justify calling the turn. Beside I have a pair and a gutshot. Anyway, even now it is very hard for me to put this opponent on a range and figure out how many outs I actually have with my combo draw.
  • 5 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Preflop: I dont't like to raise such a weak hand in preflop like 67s in this situation is, without knowing that BB folds very much. We play the whole hand OOP, and this hand hasn't enough strong pairs equity, there are very good draw equities, but for that I would definitely want to be IP, it is very difficult to play here if we get called.
      Flop: we hit a pair + gutshot + backdoor flushdraw, which is a quite strong combo, and we'll definitely make a cbet here
      Turn: we get more strong equity with flushdraw, and of course, we bet again, since K is a very good card and gives as much fold aquity, but the villain raises us. What is his value range in here? Does he play 44/66/88 like this? I don't think, because the flop was very drawheavy, but still, in NL10 they make such strange moves also with nuts and I generally presume that he has a very strong range, but he gives us very good odds for calling and in this case I'll call.
      River: fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awesomeo,

Preflop: Pretty standard to raise such hands. While he even folds his BBvsSteal 100%.
      Postflop: For the given odds on turn it's pretty standard Call. I would have played likely the same way. Do like the 2nd barrel.

Best regards.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello awesomeo,

Preflop: Pretty standard to raise such hands. While he even folds his BBvsSteal 100%.
      Postflop: For the given odds on turn it's pretty standard Call. I would have played likely the same way. Do like the 2nd barrel.

Best regards.
      Disagree, 100hands cant tell much about BBvsSteal, so looking this stat is mistake def.

Starting Hand Chart

= Fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I guess you have been playing a lot poker and you know yourself that with more skills/experience you wont be using SHC. And since it's NL10 I expect him to be already in that phase and as far I have seen from awesomeo hands he is more advanced player than just beginner.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      67s is way too weak hand to steal, if i know for sure that opponent will fold often, i steal ofc, but atm we dont know it for sure. This hand is really difficult to play OOP, if we steal with this hand, our stealing range goes really loose.
      And one biggest mistakes what microstakes players do is, playing way too loose in blinds.

I make allmost profit/have really good results in blinds, i plan to write soon one article about that, where i explain my point of view more deep.