SB ($3.81)
      BB ($1.57)
      Hero ($1.29)
      UTG+1 ($5.80)
      UTG+2 ($4.50)
      MP1 ($4)
      CO ($1.44)
      BTN ($3.28)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:diamond: , Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.10, fold

FLOP ($0.28) 7:diamond: T:club: K:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20

TURN ($0.68) 7:diamond: T:club: K:heart: 4:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.68) 7:diamond: T:club: K:heart: 4:diamond: 8:diamond:

SB bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

Results???

Villain is 25/13 vpip/pfr. I continued to pressure him despite not having a good hand on the flop because of him showing weakness by check/calling and the wide range. Did I play this correctly here?

Thanks!
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello funnyclock!

According to the SHC we play this hand perfectly preflop and postflop(our cBet). However you also have to look at the qualification of your hand: you have a trash hand.

That means checking back on the Turn is very good but we just fold on the River to his bet. He can't have that many bluffs in his range to make the call profitable hence the SHC tells us to fold

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • vuckom1
      vuckom1
      Bronze
      Gerv,

there are still many hands that we beat: T8-TQ, TA, 89, QJ
      I always bet this against passive opponent and check back/call river against aggresive one.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      I don't think we can do this sort of bluffcatching in fullring. People aren't that smart, maybe you can offer more info about this villain. I see he's quite loose but we don't know how agressive he is. In general I don't think it's a good idea.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      I don't think we can do this sort of bluffcatching in fullring. People aren't that smart, maybe you can offer more info about this villain. I see he's quite loose but we don't know how agressive he is. In general I don't think it's a good idea.

I agree but hands that have ''pairs'' are kinda hard for those people to turn into bluffs ;)