variance

• thejugador
      thejugador
      Bronze
      when variance hits bad,e.g loosing set over set,oppenents hitting their miracle card on the river every time ect..when this happens is it better to leave and come back the next day,or to realise that your getting a chunk of your negative variance out of the way now and continue playing trying to lose as little as possible.
  • 4 replies
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Depends on the persons mental fortitude.If you do not tilt and start making irrational plays based on your negative emotions,than you can go on and play,but even in this case it is advisable to take a break (for the rest of the day) as one might not be objective over his own true qualities.

So,yes,it's best to take a break.If you hit a downswing,it's the perfect time to go through articles,since playing isn't fun.

Tommorow is a new day!
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      oh yea, thats for sure. For me, i would take a walk outside. Or maybe do laundry, :D
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      definitely take a break. I've had a break for a week, then I played again, realised I was still running bad and then I turned to FR (come from a 6max background)
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well there's no reason to quit unless losing a few buyins makes you play bad. But if you don't have tilt isues then you can play as long as you can play your A game. Its not like variance has memory and if you got sucked out 10 times in a row it doesn't mean your going to get sucked out on the next hand.