[NL2-NL10] nl2 JJ (raising a little too much)

• fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,78
      MP2:
      $1,31
      MP3:
      $2,31

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,06, MP2 calls $0,06, MP3 calls $0,06, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,21) 8:diamond: , 7:club: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,2, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,61) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,45, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,61

Ok so here it is, I was at an extremely agressive table. And I just couldn't keep standing here with the standard raises. There was 3 betting and 4 betting all over the place. And nearly going all in untill the river (well in any case they were extremely large pots) with in the end the 2 guys left: one having top pair and the other one having nothing (43o or something).

And all the standard raises of 0,06 were CONSTANTLY being reraised. Like all the time. And then the reraise got reraised again!

So I was like ok I need to go in really get really aggressive here. It paid off (he folded and I got a decent pot back). But come on. This was sick.

So I don't like those high risk games but instead they are everywhere at the micro limits. Oh well. Any advice? How do you think I played this hand concidering the circumstances? Any specific kind of strategy against these type of players?

It got really really tight again just a couple of minutes later. Suddenly everyone got really tight and everybody folded and once the BB got the blinds as a gift 4 times in a row because everybody folded.

Very very dangerous if you ask me. Betting at the turn (Q) was 100% gambling. Meant as the "REAL" continuation bet.
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Heyhello,

From what I read in your description is that there is a lot of emotion involved in your pokergame; sometimes people just get Aces and Kings hence they reraise :) The key to success is to keep your head cool and stay tight.

I caan see myself raising to 4bb as a default because of your stack. It makes it easier to get all-in by the river if you potbuld properly

For the rest I like the way you play it by barreling the Turn altho the SHC says check/fold but I still think you can get a lot of value on the Turn from draws

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Well basically I was like this guy couldn't have anything. If he had a pocket pair higher than me he would've reraised me preflop (I suspect). And the flop wasn't especially "draw heavy".

But the raise on the turn was really really risky. And I did it with "raise-fold" in mind.
      Although he might have just called if he had a pair of Q's. Wich would've made it pretty tricky. I probably would've had to check.

But I don't really understand what you mean with raising to 4BB "because of my stack"? And do you mean I should already be preparing for an all-in situation JJ preflop?