[NL2-NL10] NL-2 QQ - preflop decision

• Dback357

what do you think about this situation?

BB- fish- 45/7, likes to call with everything
      UTG1- 6/6 but only 12 hands so this doesn't have to mean he is a rock....but he probably isn't very loose

I was not worried about the BB fish, I was way ahead of his calling range. If UTG1 was 6/6 in over 100 hands, and if he was full stacked, I'd have probably just called and played him post flop.

Thanks and best wishes!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, SB folds, BB calls $0.22, UTG1 raises to $1.06, Hero raises to $2.19, BB calls $1.01(All-In).

Flop: ($4.51) 2, 4, 6 (3 players)

Turn: ($4.51) A (3 players)

River: ($4.51) 5 (3 players)

Final Pot: $4.51.

Results follow:

BB shows a pair of aces(Ac 8s).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Qc Qd).
      UTG1 shows a pair of kings(Kc Kd).

BB wins with a pair of aces(Ac 8s).
      Hero wins with a pair of queens(Qc Qd).
  • 1 reply
    • Adapter1337
      UTG1 you can't make absolutely any conclusions with 12 hands, he may also be very loose ( for example I played SH very loose but often is after 30 hands in stat 12/9 or something like that)
      I don't absolutely like to 3bet any players UTG with any hands ( not even AA/KK), since it is almost impossible to balance, but 'cause it's NL2, then we don't need to balance, but still with QQ I wouldn't 3bet an unknown villain. I think that here it's more reasonable to call and to hope, that fish will come along, and play with strong hand while being IP.
      When making a 3bet I think we'll lose value, since fish may fold, but our main purpose must always be to make everything to keep the fish in pot, this is still the place where we make lots of money.
      I certainly believe that 3betting in the given situation is not -EV, I believe that this is for sure +EV, but calling would be bigger +EV, we have the position and we keep the fish in pot!
      But since we are already 3betting, then we'll certainly go All-In, 'cause there is a lot of money in the pot + generally the fish' range is very weak.