This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AQs - Top two

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      Hello!

I think that I made a mistake here.. Should go broke against that kind of player.. At that point, I didn't want to bet and commit myself because I was certain he hit his flushdraw (the feeling I gues.. :rolleyes: ). Is it better to go broke here? As played, should I call the river (I think I had to call)?

BU: 57/25/43/28/38/0.9/56 (VPIP/PFR/FTFCB/WTSD/WWSD/AF/H)

$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($7.37)
      UTG+1 ($1.20)
      CO ($6.84)
      BTN ($5)
      SB ($8.10)
      Hero (BB) ($5.16)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is BB A:spade: Q:spade:
      3 folds, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.24, BTN calls $0.20, SB folds

Flop: Q:diamond: 10:club: 4:diamond: ($0.48, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Turn: A:heart: ($1.28, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

River: 3:diamond: ($3.28, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.66, Hero folds

Final Pot: $4.94

BTN wins $4.76 (net +$1.46)

SB lost $0.06
      Hero lost $1.64
  • 2 replies
    • Rhymenoceros
      Rhymenoceros
      Bronze
      I am guessing those stats are for villain, if so: I think we could categorize himas LAG preflop and LP postflop. I would imagine he mostly has QX, AX or a FD here but i think we cant rule out JK, although I think he mostly raises this when 1st in on the BU.

As played I would play it the same IMO, check/calls the flop w/ QX or TX and trys to "value bet" the river with some random two pair but more likely is he got there w/ a flush.

You're getting just under 3:1 on the river, but I would peobably just fold it here. He's loose and passive postflop and as soon as this type of player shows aggression it often a big hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

Nah, not not really. Most likely he wont bet anyways his pair type of hands. And very likely even had flush there. Nice hand. I would either block-bet myself vs such an opponent or Check/Fold.

Best regards.