888 SCAM! Do not try to deposit!

• Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Luckily I only had 40$ in my 888 account when I tried to make a deposit to be able to play at a higher limit faster. When I had entered my info and clicked to deposit I had to wait through a bit of loading until I suddenly got a message that my account had been cancelled. It only waits to be seen if they will try to take the money from the deposit attempt anyway. Staying away from scam sites like this should be the best move from now on.
  • 25 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Maniatrix,

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems, but usually accounts are not cancelled without a justified reason or at least pending an investigation.

I would suggest contacting 888poker's own support team and working with them in a calm, polite manner to help resolve any issue arising. They may need further ID or documentation from you, just provide whatever they need and as soon as they've finished investigating whatever the problem is, I'm sure they will contact you to explain the situation in more detail.

I along with many thousands of other members continue to play, deposit and withdraw from 888poker without any problems. Any suspension of accounts is usually done as a last resort and solely to protect both yourself and 888poker from any potential fraud or loss. Bear with them whilst they investigate.

Best regards,

Bart
    • KINGFLX
      KINGFLX
      Bronze
      I play on 888 all the time and they have a very helpfull customer service team so just contact them every thing will be fine
    • kolacar
      kolacar
      Bronze
      That is standard procedure from them, read your e-mail. First time when you deposit they block your account untill you send them ID.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Seriously? I have not experienced this on any other pokerroom, having my account blocked until I have to send ID. And how long time will that take. First having to get the police to certify a correct copy of my ID, something that takes time in it self, then sending it from Norway to Gibraltar. Weeks, maybe a month I guess.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      Seriously? I have not experienced this on any other pokerroom, having my account blocked until I have to send ID. And how long time will that take. First having to get the police to certify a correct copy of my ID, something that takes time in it self, then sending it from Norway to Gibraltar. Weeks, maybe a month I guess.
      Hi Maniatrix,

Usually poker rooms will accepted a digitally scanned copy of the documents, but I must admit it's been so many years since I joined 888, I'm out of touch with what they will need.

If you contact their support team, they will advise you exactly what they require.

Best regards,

Bart
    • moretti1970
      moretti1970
      Bronze
      today no can login why?
    • YxieAA
      YxieAA
      Gold
      Hi Eaglestar

some kind of connection problem, i was doing good in a tournament and then i got disconnected and reconnecting failed :(
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi moretti1970/Miep62,

I'm not aware of any problems with the software today, I managed to log in ok earlier.

If it was a problem with 888's own server their support team might be able to offer some assistance.

I'm afraid not much they or we can do if it was your own connection that failed however. Could try resetting your connection & logging in again or if still experiencing problems re-download the software which should include any updates.
      Before you do the latter however, ensure that you have backed up your hand history and player notes as no guarantee they would be saved during a reload.

Best regards,

Bart
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Hi Eagle,

I had the same problem last evening. SW stuck on loading screen.

Everything seems to be working now. Just to let You know.

kennyxx
    • yppah57
      yppah57
      Bronze
      Just joined 888 and found it to be pretty good. Bit worried about 1st deposit and having account put on hold.

asked at 888 and it only applys if they send u an e-mail to that effect.

gonna put 10.00 in later tonight and let u know if i have to provide id
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Ive never had no probs with 888, and imo its the best site Ive played on so far! Ive only deposited twice with no problem and have never been asked for id to cashout, maybe this is a new thing or your just dodgy lol!!
    • yppah57
      yppah57
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FatSunny
      Ive never had no probs with 888, and imo its the best site Ive played on so far! Ive only deposited twice with no problem and have never been asked for id to cashout, maybe this is a new thing or your just dodgy lol!!
      agree FatSunny played last night for 1st time (lost the $8 they give withen 15min)
      deposited and was playing again straight away...site help AAA+
      for me their is no need to go anywhere else;; :f_biggrin:
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      No response yet from their "support team". How long time does that usually take?
    • yppah57
      yppah57
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      No response yet from their "support team". How long time does that usually take?
      support staff come on at 0600 gtm have a chat with them i found them most helpfull
    • Slimijs
      Slimijs
      Global
      Every poker site is a scam. They flip random numbers and make money.
    • peter53
      peter53
      Bronze
      hi just like to say that ive tried a lot of poker sites and 888poker is the best by a mile and a half. they did have server problems a few days ago. and sent me an e mail offering a freeroll that could have given me a seat in sundays 100.000 big game. they were brilliant when it came to customer service. and i have never had a single problem with them 888poker ROCKS.
    • nuteLka
      nuteLka
      Bronze
      off topic a bit but i was wondering if there is any rakeback at this room cause ive heard there is none available ,, hm ?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nuteLka
      off topic a bit but i was wondering if there is any rakeback at this room cause ive heard there is none available ,, hm ?
      Hi nuteLka

there is no rakeback at 888. Instead there is a similar principle where you can buy cash rewards with your points. so in a way some type of rakeback

Regards

Thazar
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Originally posted by nuteLka
      Hi nuteLka

there is no rakeback at 888. Instead there is a similar principle where you can buy cash rewards with your points. so in a way some type of rakeback

Regards

Thazar
      Plus recently they've had a load of deposit cash/merchandise promos, reload bonuses and a couple of play cash bonus promos.

They're working hard!