Can pokerstrategy buy Full-Tilt's software?

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      IF FT go bust can you (poker strategy) just buy there software and make your own self branded room please? Every other rooms software sucks. That is all.
  • 8 replies
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      i think buying the software is not a major problem if they go bankrap, but getting the license and backers to support your site is the major problem.

It will require multi million $$$ to run a poker room, since u need to keep guarantee money somewhere asked by the gambling commision.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      According to this page:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/businessmodel/

there are over 4 million PS members.
      If only 1/2 of them contribute $500 each to form a company, we would have a billion in capital.

I'm in.

--VS
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Justin37
      i think buying the software is not a major problem if they go bankrap, but getting the license and backers to support your site is the major problem.

It will require multi million $$$ to run a poker room, since u need to keep guarantee money somewhere asked by the gambling commision.
      PS have given out like $200M just in $50 starting capitals, so i don't imagine it been to much of a problem.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      According to this page:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/businessmodel/

there are over 4 million PS members.
      If only 1/2 of them contribute $500 each to form a company, we would have a billion in capital.

I'm in.

--VS
      I'm also in. $1,000 closer already.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      I was also thinking about PS.com making their own poker room. But then I imagined how reg infested it would be...and I just went to bed and I dismissed this idea haha :D
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I wouldn't even consider playing on a site run by a strategy site..
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      It's not that bad...i mean think of all the noobies PS brings in. Also i would say there are still a fair amount of bad players on PS, so i don't really see the difference between PS affiliating people to various sites and having there own. You would still get outsiders signing up as well.

Another good thing is PS could offer bonus's based on our PS status levle. Bonus's + free content = big win, if you ask me =) Hosting PS tournaments, status leagues etc would also be a breeze.
    • Sergenial
      Sergenial
      Bronze
      they are an affiliate and are earning really good by that. why should they risk their core competency and buy a pokerroom? after that they couldn't bring players to other rooms, if they have their own. they will never do that.