NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($18.31)
      BB ($10.17)
      UTG ($11.64)
      UTG+1 ($11.35)
      CO ($16.74)
      BTN ($9.10)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.60) K:spade: 2:spade: T:spade:

Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

TURN ($4.90) K:spade: 2:spade: T:spade: J:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($4.90) K:spade: 2:spade: T:spade: J:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $1.20, CO raises to $7.30, BTN raises to $7.50 (AI), Hero folds, CO calls $0.20

CO: 62/3/1.4 29 hands

BTN: 16/11/1.5 64 hands

Would you bet the river? I showed weakness on turn, so the CO might think I don't have flush and call me with Kx or worse two pair. How do you think?
  • 6 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Preflop: I don't like to isolate against two opponents being OOP with this speculative hand (being IP I'd definitely isolate) , my standard here is just to fold, or if it's a big fish (what CO seems to be) then complete.
      Flop: As played, I also bet here for value and I like the size too.
      Turn: Give up, they have enough flushes in range ( generally weak), so check with the intention to fold.
      River: Check again with the intention to fold. Firstly, when betting you can't get value from an any weaker hand, secondly, the board has paired, so besides flush there are also other hands (stronger), what will call/raise you (trips, full house etc.)
      When you bet for value in river, you have to think, what they'll call you with. This bet is only useful, if over 50% of the times they'll call you with a weaker hand. If you now think through the hands, what they'll call you with, you understand, that weaker hands here mostly don't call, and in view of your bet size, you can't get to fold any stronger ones. Give up!
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Preflop: I don't like to isolate against two opponents being OOP with this speculative hand

BTN VPIP is only 16, so he should fold very often. So I will be against loose CO often. Somehow I have not used at all to complete or fold KJs against limpers even OOP. And the CO will often call with weaker K or J, so I will have better kicker which means money.

Actually I would raise this hand even if button would be 60 VPIP, but maybe this is my leak :)
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      If button VPIP is 60 i def isolite it to build pot, i dont like to isolate exacly because of VPIP 16, you cant forget that you are OOP and money goes allways to BTN way, dont underestimate power of position, is stronger often than power of cards ;)
      But def i dont belive its -ev play, its def +ev play, but for me its seems to be bit to thin, i like to play micros just for clear value, not OOP tricky spots, where you can make a lot of mistakes.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      But def i dont belive its -ev play, its def +ev play, but for me its seems to be bit to thin, i like to play micros just for clear value, not OOP tricky spots, where you can make a lot of mistakes.

Ok then :) but maybe it is better to make mistakes and learn from them to be prepared for higher limits while the mistakes are cheap?
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

Ok then :) but maybe it is better to make mistakes and learn from them to be prepared for higher limits while the mistakes are cheap?

So true :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Folding can still be a bit too weak preflop while I know that you are capable of playing postflop pretty good. Therefore shouldn't be a huge mistake either to isolate or even complete. Myself I would just complete and play postflop.

And doesn't make sense to bet the river. Worse hands wont Call you anyways. Check/Fold the river.

Best regards.