SB ($12.54)
      BB ($4.10)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($4.29)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, fold

FLOP ($1.30) 4:spade: A:club: 8:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BTN raises to $1.60, SB calls $1.60, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($6.10) 4:spade: A:club: 8:heart: J:club:

SB bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40, BTN raises to $2.29 (AI), SB calls $0.89, Hero calls $0.89

RIVER ($12.97) 4:spade: A:club: 8:heart: J:club: 9:heart:

SB bets $3.10, Hero folds

SB: 62/7/1.8 30 hands

BTN: 36/21 14 hands

What do you think about this? On the river I am beat, but maybe even on the turn. But on turn the pot was smaller and the bet was small, so I called.
  • 4 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hey!
      A very weird hand.
      Both of the opponents seem to be very fishy, in flop I'd like to bet bigger against them, 1.1$. Because they probably play every Ace, then I want to get max value.
      Turn is now very strange, what I don't like, is that the opponent is loose passive, but against this bet we can't fold, so I'll probably play the same way the whole turn.
      In River I still would fold for long thinking, the problem here is, that you are't playing this pot only against SB, you are also playing against BTN who is already All-In and the board is very terrible. I don't think that we are here good often enough. If the SB would be more agressive, then I maybe would find a call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Bet/Fold the flop, there is no point to continue. It can easily be a trap or whatsoever hand. Even for the given odds I wouldn't Call in multiway pot. There can be not much which will even help us.

But as played if you Called the turn then what did change on river? Not much. Either way fold it on turn or Call the river as well if you Called the turn. But of course just fold it on flop and wouldn't have such a problem. :)

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      oh, now I noticed that on flop the SB was passive, but on turn he became aggresive, so this means a strong hand, so on turn its fold. When played I was not thinking that the different person became aggresor.

Bet/Fold the flop, there is no point to continue.

The flop I was calling because his PFR is high. I think he could raise A9-AJ so call to reevaluete the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Even if his PFR is huge I wouldn't really continue. You are putting yourself exactly into those spots as you made.