[NL2-NL10] NL-2 AA- ugly turn and river

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

what about this hand? Should I raise the flop or fold on the turn in these spots?

SB- 14/11/AF 8/84 hands
      MP3- basically unknown, seemed tight

Flop- At the time I thought a raise would just isolate me against better hands.....but with a call I gave good odds for the third guy....and a straight draw was on the table...
      Turn- ugly...a straight and multiple possible 2pairs on the table.....I called just because he bet relatively small....I'm not sure though
      River- I called because of the odds, his bet seemed weak (or he wanted to get at least some value with a strong hand)

Thanks and best wishes!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.14
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $2.92
      UTG2:
      $0.94
      MP1:
      $2.01
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.32
      MP3:
      $3.22
      CO:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, 2 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.26) 2, Q, T (3 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0.58) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34.

River: ($1.26) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28.

Final Pot: $1.82.

Results follow:

SB shows two pairs, queens and jacks(Qd Jd).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(Ah As).

SB wins with two pairs, queens and jacks(Qd Jd).
  • 3 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Generally this kind of a donkbet usually means a weak Q, T or some draw. I think that raise for value is here definitely the most +ev game, because if he has a draw ( he has it often) then he gives himself very good odds for drawing. So raise and get it in.
      As played, I would call down Turn and River. If I call donkbet in Flop, I do this usually with a plan to always call down also Turn and River. This should be decided already in Flop, if you have a feeling ( for example you have here AT) that you don't want here so much to call the 3 streets , then you have to fold or raise in Flop. But NL2 is full of callingstations, so I don't like to turn my showdown hand here into a bluff and AT for example I just would call down.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks,

after the hand I also had a feeling that I should raise the flop. In this case against 2 opponents that is. But what if I was heads up? It's still a raise or I should give up some protection to keep his weaker hands in play?

Best wishes!

EDIT- sorry, I happened to forget to push the advice the judge to take another look button....
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

I don't like raising actually on flop. You are just putting yourself into difficult spots and you will never know where you stand with your hand. I do like your play actually. Not raising into 3handed FR game. So nice hand!

Best regards.