This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL-2 AA- ugly turn and river

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

what about this hand? Should I raise the flop or fold on the turn in these spots?

SB- 14/11/AF 8/84 hands
      MP3- basically unknown, seemed tight

Flop- At the time I thought a raise would just isolate me against better hands.....but with a call I gave good odds for the third guy....and a straight draw was on the table...
      Turn- ugly...a straight and multiple possible 2pairs on the table.....I called just because he bet relatively small....I'm not sure though
      River- I called because of the odds, his bet seemed weak (or he wanted to get at least some value with a strong hand)

Thanks and best wishes!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.14
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $2.92
      UTG2:
      $0.94
      MP1:
      $2.01
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.32
      MP3:
      $3.22
      CO:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, 2 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.26) 2, Q, T (3 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0.58) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34.

River: ($1.26) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28.

Final Pot: $1.82.

Results follow:

SB shows two pairs, queens and jacks(Qd Jd).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(Ah As).

SB wins with two pairs, queens and jacks(Qd Jd).
  • 3 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Generally this kind of a donkbet usually means a weak Q, T or some draw. I think that raise for value is here definitely the most +ev game, because if he has a draw ( he has it often) then he gives himself very good odds for drawing. So raise and get it in.
      As played, I would call down Turn and River. If I call donkbet in Flop, I do this usually with a plan to always call down also Turn and River. This should be decided already in Flop, if you have a feeling ( for example you have here AT) that you don't want here so much to call the 3 streets , then you have to fold or raise in Flop. But NL2 is full of callingstations, so I don't like to turn my showdown hand here into a bluff and AT for example I just would call down.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks,

after the hand I also had a feeling that I should raise the flop. In this case against 2 opponents that is. But what if I was heads up? It's still a raise or I should give up some protection to keep his weaker hands in play?

Best wishes!

EDIT- sorry, I happened to forget to push the advice the judge to take another look button....
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

I don't like raising actually on flop. You are just putting yourself into difficult spots and you will never know where you stand with your hand. I do like your play actually. Not raising into 3handed FR game. So nice hand!

Best regards.