Coach? Nice member to help out.

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I was just wandering if anyone wanted to sit down with me for abit and help me with my hands/flaws that I will more than likely have?

It's just that I recently started playing £3buy in and 5-7/10 placing top 3. But feel l could improve this.

Thanks.
  • 10 replies
    • llamacaptain
      llamacaptain
      Bronze
      You will generally have to pay for that kind of service though there are several options available to you to be able to interact with coaches in order to improve your game.

1) You can start posting hands in the hand evaluation forums. Note down tricky spots or where you think you made a bad move and then post the hand in the forum for others to see and comment on. It is a very good way to get feedback.

2) Join in with the group coachings available. chenney8888 does a coaching on Sundays for bronze members. There are many others such as Unam's silver and gold coachings at other times.

3) Watch videos and read articles.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Placing in the money 50% of the time is usually viewed as unsustainable. In a small sample you may feel like you have a lot more control than you really have over the outcomes.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      What im finding is that players are making awful bets/calls.. and ive i just sit there for 10-15minutes, the players knock each other out and then one idiot has all the chips, which i just then slowly take of him..

obviously playing hands that are good.. Seems to be working so far.. Although from my $50 freeroll, i went down to $40-42 on first couple of days and today i went up to $58 and then back down to $40 then back up to $52, while ending the day at $49..

any way of me tracking this at all?
    • llamacaptain
      llamacaptain
      Bronze
      Invest in HEM (Holdem Manager) or PT3 (Poker Tracker 3). Both are good applications for storing and analyzing hand histories and keeping a track of bankroll.

EDIT: Also, I know HEM has a free trial period.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      You don't need a coach for stakes you play. Just read all the articles on this site abut SNGs and you will be fine.
      Clearly you didn't read them, since you play £3 (almost $5) SNGs with $50. :f_mad:

As mentioned, there is also a hand-evaluation part of forum, where you post questionable hands. Also there are public coachings, wich you can attend for free...
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I simply cannotbring myself to play 30-60minutes for a $4 win. That's why I play $3.
    • Wohmfg
      Wohmfg
      Silver
      Money shouldn't be your focus right now. You need to practice good bankroll management and aim to get better at the game.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Yeah Ino. But it keeps in interested. I'm at $70 from them now.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      I simply cannotbring myself to play 30-60minutes for a $4 win. That's why I play $3.
      If you want play seriously, follow BRM or you'll go busto very soon.
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      If you want play seriously, follow BRM or you'll go busto very soon.
      Agreed. Even the best coaches and players here would with some bad luck would loose 10-15BI quite often.
      If you feel that the low money is making you play worse or get bored consider investing some money yourself. Else just concentrate on doing the best plays and moves. We always have to look at the percental winning, not the actual winnings in numbers.