[NL2-NL10] Jj Nl5 Fr

• Rhymenoceros
      Rhymenoceros
      Bronze
      Didnt wanna 3bet squeeze pre against and unknown opener, just wanted to play for set value, esp OOP.

Didnt like check/call or check raise on flop in case villain checks back and turn is Q/K/A i pretty much have to check.fold the turn and rvr. If I donk the flop I bet for protection and value from 9X and TT maybe?

Should I just bet fold the flop against an unknown or we at least calling on time and reevaluating the turn?

I didnt think I can bet/fold turn because then i turn my hand into a bluff. The K on the turn obviously doesnt bother villain otherwise he checks it back right, unless he's clever enough to realise that K doesnt really hit my range given the preflop action and is floating (Im not really donking the flop w/K9 or K-hi etc), although I think this is very unlikely.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $5.03
      CO: $16.47
      BTN: $4.04
      Hero (SB): $11.29
      BB: $4.98
      UTG: $4.83
      UTG+1: $5.00
      MP: $5.18

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:spade: J:heart:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.05, fold, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.28, BB calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($1.25, 4 players) 2:spade: 9:diamond: 4:heart:
      Hero bets $0.80, fold, CO raises to $1.60, fold, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($4.45, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.05, fold

CO wins $4.24
  • 2 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Preflop: OK!
      Flop: I don't like here the donkbet at all with this hand, because many regulars (including me) raise these donkbets very lightly with any 2 cards, because it's obvius that you don't have a very strong hand there and so you're gotten easily out of hand.
      I'd like a donkbet-call line only against the opponent about who I know better that he's agressive. Then I'd like just to call him down, since he knows that my hand isn't a monster and is just trying to barrel me out. But in NL5 I wouldn't take this line against an unknown opponent.
      Check/call is here the best.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Rhymenoceros,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help to move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      I'd say I do still like the donk into multiway pot unless I know that CO may raise us loose. You are getting value from TT, 9x and maybe even worse PPs and of course overcards. And most likely if you donk then it's a donk/Fold since I don't expect him to raise with worse. But of course Check/Call ain't wrong either but the problem is that if we see an overcard we will be in cruel situation and don't know where we stand with our hand.

So therefore rather Check/Call and Check/Call the turn than donk/Call like this.

Best regards.