Big mistake will it affect my Winrate by a lot?

• RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Ok ive been playing MSS for around 4k hands and have had a terrible winrate. (loserate) Ive just realised ive been buying in for 50bb and leaving with 62.5 and rebuying with 37.5bb, I followed the nl5 rules when ive been playing nl4 dumb mistake i know but could this be a reason for my negative winrate? im hoping so because the only other problems are my postflop play (which im working on)
  • 9 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Could a mod move this to the MSS discussion page instead of Hand evaluation please
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RubyWesson
      Could a mod move this to the MSS discussion page instead of Hand evaluation please
      done as requested

Regards

Thazar
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Your system for buying in, leaving the table, or topping off your stack can't be a large mistake. If you play appropriately for your stack size, you can win with a 10 bb stack or 1000 bb and anything in between.
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Thanks thazar for moving, and Pzhon i have been following the charts (mostly) do you not think this would have much of a negative impact? I have changed to the 40bb buyin as stated in the articles now anyhow. I keep finding these little things like my pfr size and now buyin errors hopefully there is no more obvious cock ups.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      One question I was wondering is: Would it be possible to stay +ev following only the SHC but with a 100bb stack?
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lynius
      One question I was wondering is: Would it be possible to stay +ev following only the SHC but with a 100bb stack?
      mss strategy has been designed to work at its most optimal with this amount of buyin, if you want to try 100bb stack then you would be better off playing bss as it would be more profitable with a 100bb buy in :)

Roo
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      whoops posted in wrong thread!!!
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      whoops posted in wrong thread!!!
      Oh roo...
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Unfortunately a lot of poker players are searching for that "one big leak" that will have a 180 degree impact on their winrate. Continue studying every aspect of your game and you can plug many leaks that you never knew you had! Good luck at the tables!