This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Kruppe and Daphunk. Grinding NLHE many steaks! Pursuade Kruppe to post NL400+ HHs!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      A new Beginning

Hi guys, I've been gone for a while but I'm back. Welcome to my new blog. Kruppe, also known as Keruli will be joining me when he has put some money on a new site.

The premise; FTP has gone down, which is where we both had our bankrolls, so we are both going to be bankroll building on new sites.

I am starting by depositing £50 on Partypoker. Luckily partypoker had a couple of non-deposit bonuses waiting for me :)

I shall be starting at NL4 and working my way up. Screenshot of my new deposit;

I think I'll try some 9-tabling and then some 12 tabling and see how it goes :)
  • 156 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Known as 'Keruli' no more, I fear. My time as a low-stakes professional at fulltilt is over for now. here's a link to my previous blog, where I updated my
      progress playing rush poker, along with a graph for my current database of hands, which is march through june:

Oh S%!t, It's Keruli!?! - tilt, busto, moving on to a new challenge

Now I'm left with barely enough money in the bank for 2 months or so, and only a couple of hundred dollars here and there online that I'm going to try to grind up into a
      sufficient bankroll. I was planning on flying to Sweden this month, but now i'm going to have to improve my finances before i can do that :(

Anyway, I deposited €200 on party today and started grinding NL10. I need to get 1000 party points in the next 15 days to get fast-tracked Palladium status, which
      may require a ton of volume. Screenshot of partypoker and my HEM session stats:

I'm considering adding some other stuff to this blog besides poker content, we'll see...
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Good luck guys, Im sure youre disciplined enough to actually do this and get back to decent stakes in not-so-long =) and maybe we'll all get a present at some point and get our ftp cash back :P
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      good luck :f_thumbsup:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      thanks, ladies!

yeah, would be nice to get ftp cash back, but this time i'm definately not counting on it
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      thanks, ladies!

fu :P

have you considered trying to get staked? I'm too poor to make you an offer :P but it shouldnt be that hard for you
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I have, but I'm not actually sure that it would be the best choice. There's the logistics involved(how to get money onto a site for me to play with, how to
      arrange the parameters in a way that lets me cash out at the required times), and then the fact that even with a really good staking deal I probably wouldn't have a
      good bankroll very soon anyway. Plus the challenge of building up a new bankroll seems appealing to me.

That being said, I'm still not sure. Maybe some kind of deal where I get longterm stakes or staked for 100k hands or something of NL50/100 and i get to keep
      80% of the profit? Dunno, what do you think?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      It's pretty unrealistic to get such a deal, unless you give away all rakeback or something. But you can just think like this.. if you get staked for nl100 and do 50/50, its like playing nl50 for you. That's more than NL10. :P But maybe it's more profitable in the long run for you to grind up a nl50 roll of your own, I'm not sure.. you might be right =)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      yeah, that's more or less correct, but 50/50 would actually be an insanely bad deal for me. 80/20 or even 90/10 would honestly be a great investment, but i
      guess what i'm thinking of isn't just a stake for a certain limit, but instead a stake that i treat like a bankroll, using my normal BRM, in which case the probability
      of me being down after 2 months or so of serious grinding is actually close to zero, so it's pretty much a nice chunk of free money for the investor. that distinction
      is actually very important imo. I've actually staked a winning player for NL50 before who then lost 40 stacks :D wouldn't have happened if he a) used BRM
      and b) actually relied on profit from the deal to survive
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      hey dude,

I could be interested in helping you out building your roll back. Starting at NL50 could be possible.

Just a couple of questions to know roughly what we are talking about :

How many hands a month would you be playing?
      What would be your cashouts - how much/how often?
      With your volume what kind of rakeback do you expect to get?
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Well, to get some idea of how much I play you can check my previous blog, but really it depends on necessity, so if i need to grind a certain amount I will, and
      right now I do need to, otherwise I'm not going to be able to finance various holidays/just normal life. I guess if i ran hot and quickly won $3k or something
      i might only play 40k or something in the next month, otherwise i guess
      somewhere between 50k and 100k? hard to say.

Not sure about the exact timeline for what i need to cashout, but i really need to start withdrawing in a couple of weeks time, at least a couple of hundred €,
      and i guess i need to have withdrawn several hundred euros within a month or so from now.

If i grind on party, i guess i'll be basic palladium? and i guess somewhere between 30 and 45% effective RB? would probably only be about a quarter of
      my hourly though.

anyway, what sort of deal are you thinking of offering?
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Got your skype from your old blog, will add you when I'm back home later and we can talk about it.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      :diamond: So... Been grinding some more NL10, played 5k hands now. NL10 is even fishier than I expected, it's crazy. Got over 100 party points, so 1/10 of the way to palladium.

:diamond: fun hand:
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($10.41)
      BB ($11.18)
      Kruppe (CO) ($17.33)
      Button ($15.22)
      UTG ($11.51)
      SB ($3.50)

Preflop: Kruppe is CO with ,
      2 folds, Kruppe bets $0.30, Button calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) , , (2 players)
      Kruppe checks, Button bets $0.54, Kruppe raises $1.40, Button calls $0.86

Turn: ($3.55) (2 players)
      Kruppe checks, Button checks

River: ($3.55) (2 players)
      Kruppe bets $0.90, Button raises $2, Kruppe raises $3.60, 1 fold

Total pot: $7.55

Results:
      Kruppe had 6, 7 (one pair, threes).
      Outcome: Kruppe won $9.68

:diamond: graph:

:diamond: I'm still thinking about getting staked, talking to some people, not sure what I'm going to do yet.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I just played a session trying to 12 table again on Party. Played 2 and a half hours and wasn't really aware of doing too much differently, except stopping 3betting ATs A9s etc on SB.

However, I got this funny graph I wasn't expecting to see when I finished my session;

I was like "wtf @ my non-sds Lolololol (etc)"

Then I compared a Rush NL5 2 tabling session to see if the non-sd's were as non standard as I thought;

I'm sure it could just be variance, but there is a possibility that either Party or 12 Tabling are bad for my non-SD's :D
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I found a staker! So no more grinding NL10 on party*. :) Managed to come to a very satisfactory staking arrangement to play NL100 on 888/LuckyAce.
      I started depositing yesterday, and so far I in fact love the software and am very happy with the softness of the opposition, albeit only having played NL50 yesterday.
      graph:

*was going badly. I played 12k hands or something and was running very cold.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      New update please Kruppe! :D

I was in Chile for over a month being distracted by a delightful friend of mine. I am however now back and have moved my roll from the horrible software (well, i guess it could be worse) of Partypoker and have deposited on PokerStars to do some mini-grinding whilst I study this Autumn for some exams.

Will post some graphs when I have something to report. I feel rather old now because the stars software is nice and shiny compared to how I remember it and I rather like it!
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      haven't felt like updating for ages due to DaPhunk being in Chile for a month and not playing at all,
      and his poker future being very uncertain, but here gos. goes? go's? WHTF? should be 'goes', i suppose? looks weird though.

I'm pretty much Robusto, have established myself on 888, overcoming the initial downswing, making
      about 2k in august and at about +2.5k so far this month. I'm playing NL100 FR/SH with a lot of
      confidence, often starting tables and playing HU against regs. I want to play some NL200 asap,
      but despite withdrawing loads of money, my bank account somehow manages to always hover
      around zero, so I guess I don't have enough money yet.

I got back from England yesterday, spent 11 days at Mark/DaPhunk's place, before which I
      hadn't really played any poker this month due mainly to Philosophy related stuff. While in England
      I put in a lot of hours of mainly 6-tabling on a Netbook, with good concentration,
      no tilt, and seemingly a somewhat better red-line and win-rate than when i 8-12 table.

One morning in England, Mark said he wanted to play 5k hands before we met a friend of ours
      in the evening. VVe ended up having a race to 5k hands. He played up to 24 tables of NL5
      FR on stars, and i played ~18 tables of NL20 and NL30 SH on 888. :P this turned out to be great
      fun, as I proceeded to play 29/25 WITH 16% 3BET over those 5k hands... YEAH. I won $250 or
      so, running below alev, and reached 5k when Mark was at about 4900. About half an hour from
      finishing, I believe I nearly fainted, my head sliding to the left and my sense of balance fucking up
      and going way off centre, much as happens when you're extremely drunk.

i might add some merenghis when i've sorted out my database
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I've been struggling recently, and things came to a head yesterday. I lost a huge portion of my roll
      in two horrible sessions. I went to bed exhausted and depressed, and couldn't sleep for about two
      hours, which hasn't happened in several years. A lot of thoughts circled in my mind. For the first
      time ever I seriously thought about quitting semi-professional poker and getting a job. More strongly
      than ever before, I hated poker, hated the constant pressure and uncertainty that accompanies
      gambling for a living when one hasn't been successful enough to just forget about results
      and take life easy, sitting on a pile of cash. I hated the fact that I had won so many thousands,
      only to be left with less money than ever before and dwindling confidence. I imagined how
      marvelous it would be to have some boring day-job, a job during which I don't have to feel the
      pressure of constantly making important decisions, and after which I can play an hour or two of
      poker in the evening and NOT HAVE TO WITHDRAW the thousands of dollars I win. I could build
      a bankroll faster and with less pressure. Maybe some kind of half-time job, just enough to sustain
      my life-style.

I woke up today and felt completely different. I often do, regardless of how bad I felt the previous
      day. My usual quiet optimism was back. I felt that yesterday was a wake-up call, that I had to face the facts.
      Here are the facts: I may have run badly in my poker career thus far, and even worse in staking,
      but the real problem is that I haven't been putting in the required effort. I've been so lazy and
      inconsistent, just not putting in the hours. Since my first cash-out over two years ago with a huge
      bankroll for my stakes, there have been huge ups and downs, but I have to face the fact that
      over-all it's been a downhill slide. I've known for a long time that things could and would be
      very different if I took it more seriously and didn't just play an hour or two here and there, and
      now I've finally reached the point where taking it more seriously for a sustained period seems
      like the clear choice.

I'm going to play an average of 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, until I've played 50k hands at
      NL200, then I'll re-evaluate. I'm 90+% sure this will work and won't be very unpleasant.

In other news, I've been semi-seriously play SC2 for a few months now,(although
      I might stop in the light of my new plans) and have worked my way up from bronze to high
      platinum since last summer. I've started winning in all my match-ups, so I might move up to
      diamond soon. I don't think I'll ever be a top-level player, but I actually think I could reach
      Masters and probably Grand-Masters. We'll see.

Merenghi for my play at 888 so far:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      hear hear! good post!

Lets hear about the few days since this update. Have you been sticking to plan?
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I've been trying quite hard, and I'm pretty happy with how things have been going. I haven't
      managed to reach the 5h/day target, but that's pretty much impossible coming from just
      1-2h/day, especially as I've been 12-tabling on not very good software. However, I have dramatically
      increased volume, and am feeling good about how this is affecting my motivation and my game.

I managed to rebuild a work-able BR starting from NL20, and I'm back at NL50 now.
      Here's a Merenghi for the re-build followed by one for the whole of october: