This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] K7o Steal Raise - Flopped Two Pair. c/r play on flop o.k.?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , 7:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Steal Raise from the SB

Flop: ($0.60) A:spade: , 7:diamond: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds.

Hitting the Two Pair I decided to play c/r against a possible A. I didn't think that there should be a better hand than A7 or AK. Any comments at this spot, different ways to play at this spot are welcome.

Final Pot: $2.60
  • 4 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh steals aren´t necessary at nl10 but if you think it´s a good spot it´s ok.

would you contibet even if you would have missed the flop ? i think the answer is yes so bet about half pot here too. if you check it´s like you were jumping up and down screaming "hey look at me i´ve flopped at least two pair" :)
      i don´t think that people think that far at nl10 but keep it in mind at higher limits :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      mh steals aren´t necessary at nl10 but if you think it´s a good spot it´s ok.

would you contibet even if you would have missed the flop ? i think the answer is yes so bet about half pot here too. if you check it´s like you were jumping up and down screaming "hey look at me i´ve flopped at least two pair" :)
      i don´t think that people think that far at nl10 but keep it in mind at higher limits :)
      I agree in general, especially on higher limits the opponents would realize the trap.

Betting half pot maybe shows more weakness to a thinking player, yr. right.

Thx frzl !! ;)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      np. keep posting hands and keep writing down you thought on every single hand.

i´m out for today. bye :D
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      1/2 Pot here on the flop and push to a re-raise. You explained it yourself, why we do that here. An Ace will call or raise anyway, and a trash hand will either check behind or fold to a bet. But we do not want to allow a small pocket pair to hit any 2 Outer.