This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 SH J9s in bb

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Been a while since I've posted... Had to drop to nl2 and play SH on stars because my full roll has gone :(

Villian is 55/10/4 (vpip,pfr,agg)

Feel raising the flop should be ok? And as for his big bet on the turn, well shipping seems fine too?

Got 5 outs for 2 pair/trips, and another 9 for flush, and I think I could still be ahead anyway?

Thanks man :)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.31)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($1.47)
      UTG+1 ($0.83)
      CO ($0.44)
      BTN ($1.55)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.02

FLOP ($0.08) 4:heart: J:diamond: 5:spade:

SB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.22, SB calls $0.16

TURN ($0.52) 4:heart: J:diamond: 5:spade: A:spade:

SB bets $0.24, Hero raises to $1.24, SB folds

Hero shows J:spade: 9:spade:

Hero wins $0.96
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Hopefully you will get back your BR. :(

Flop: I'd actually rather skip the raise here. You can easily just isolate yourself against better hands. Rather just call and play in smaller pots.

As played
      Turn: What worse hands will Call you anyways here? Rather just Call and reevaluate on further streets. You could easily be even far-far behind here vs sets/straights etc hands. He just wont continue with worse hands.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz :)

Suppose I'm still finding it hard adjusting to normal play after rush/not playing for so long. Least I can make these mistakes again @ nl2 instead. Hooray for re-learning :>

Cheers!