[NL2-NL10] Aq Nl10

• swanny36
      I just flat initially as I don't really want to play a three bet pot with AQ out of position. Then I flat the raise because I had a note that this player likes to squeeze. On the flop I donk small to try and represent a draw and also to maybe get him to fold his Ax and KQ sort of hands. The turn is the perfect card and I know if I check raise I can represent the flush. Thought process ok? Is the play too risky on NL10?

Villain was reasonably tight. 18/17 over 95 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.24, BU folds, Hero calls $0.19, BB raises to $1.30, CO folds, Hero calls $1.06.

Flop: ($2.84) 2, 8, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90.

Turn: ($4.64) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.90, Hero raises to $6.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.54.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello swanny36,

Preflop: The problem with Calling the squeeze is that you will be playing OOP and just giving him great chance to even hit anything. And while only having 100 hands on him I might even rather prefer 3bet myself than Call the squeeze. Even sometimes 4bet myself if he really is squeezing a lot.

As played
      Postflop: Not really worth to take such plays while you even don't know the opponent. Way to risky and involves a lot of variance and even might be the chance that you loose in long run.

Best regards.