[NL2-NL10] AA slowplayed

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Just receiving the blinds with Pocket Aces I started to play it slowhanded sometimes preflop or on Flop. Following a few hands of this kind. Knowing that the coaches recommend not to slowplay too often please give me your meanings about slowplaying AA.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $4.66
      Hero:
      $1.65

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 2:heart: , 3:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.80, Hero raises to $1.25 (All-In).

Seeing the danger in giving free cards to a flush draw, but I hold the As, so with overpair, straight draw backdoorflushdraw I wanted my opponent to act.

Turn: ($6.00) K:heart:
      River: ($6.00) Q:diamond:

Final Pot: $6.00
  • 4 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      easy push. he will call you with everything and that´s not the kind of flop you want to see a free card with

also you don´t want to get readable. see my post in your K7 thread
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      easy push. he will call you with everything and that´s not the kind of flop you want to see a free card with

also you don´t want to get readable. see my post in your K7 thread
      Posting these hands does not mean I play it this way everytime. Most of the time I play it straight through, but I think it could make sense to play it in certain spots, e.g. an extremely tight table, where everyone jumps aside to a normal raise.

Doing this only sometimes does not make one readable. For sure use this as "standard-line" is definitely problematic.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      All-In on the flop here please. The board presents a lot of draws. An opponent will very often check behind here, if he has nothing. If you push he will call very often with a draw or an overpair to the board, since he is putting you on Overcards and a missed flop. Don´t forget that they do not give you so much credit as a short stack.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      All-In on the flop here please. The board presents a lot of draws. An opponent will very often check behind here, if he has nothing. If you push he will call very often with a draw or an overpair to the board, since he is putting you on Overcards and a missed flop. Don´t forget that they do not give you so much credit as a short stack.
      Yes, frzl already convinced me ;)