This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA slowplayed

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Just receiving the blinds with Pocket Aces I started to play it slowhanded sometimes preflop or on Flop. Following a few hands of this kind. Knowing that the coaches recommend not to slowplay too often please give me your meanings about slowplaying AA.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $4.66
      Hero:
      $1.65

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 2:heart: , 3:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.80, Hero raises to $1.25 (All-In).

Seeing the danger in giving free cards to a flush draw, but I hold the As, so with overpair, straight draw backdoorflushdraw I wanted my opponent to act.

Turn: ($6.00) K:heart:
      River: ($6.00) Q:diamond:

Final Pot: $6.00
  • 4 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      easy push. he will call you with everything and that´s not the kind of flop you want to see a free card with

also you don´t want to get readable. see my post in your K7 thread
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      easy push. he will call you with everything and that´s not the kind of flop you want to see a free card with

also you don´t want to get readable. see my post in your K7 thread
      Posting these hands does not mean I play it this way everytime. Most of the time I play it straight through, but I think it could make sense to play it in certain spots, e.g. an extremely tight table, where everyone jumps aside to a normal raise.

Doing this only sometimes does not make one readable. For sure use this as "standard-line" is definitely problematic.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      All-In on the flop here please. The board presents a lot of draws. An opponent will very often check behind here, if he has nothing. If you push he will call very often with a draw or an overpair to the board, since he is putting you on Overcards and a missed flop. Don´t forget that they do not give you so much credit as a short stack.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      All-In on the flop here please. The board presents a lot of draws. An opponent will very often check behind here, if he has nothing. If you push he will call very often with a draw or an overpair to the board, since he is putting you on Overcards and a missed flop. Don´t forget that they do not give you so much credit as a short stack.
      Yes, frzl already convinced me ;)