This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA slowplayed Hand No. 3

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $13.33
      Hero:
      $1.70
      BB:
      $5

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , A:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BU calls $0.80, SB folds, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.80) 6:diamond: , K:club: , 9:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.80 (All-In), BU calls $0.80, BB folds.

Turn: ($4.40) 7:diamond:
      River: ($4.40) 3:club:

Final Pot: $4.40
  • 6 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      raise 4bb preflop. DON´T slowplay your big pairs preflop. especially at nl10... you will get action anyway and big pockets play best if you are heads up
      in this case nobody will give you a real hand when your aise first in from the cutoff... no need to slowplay :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      o.k., I got a clear answer to my thoughts, so this was the sense in posting these hands.

Many thanks.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      good :D
      sorry if i sound a bit harsh sometimes but it´s very important to understand that slowplaying preflop could be very dangerous and unnecessary at the low limits.

better win a small pot than lose a big one.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      You played that hand terrible preflop. In the CO you just limp and give 3 others the chance to get in the hand cheaply and outdraw you on the flop. Please check with the equilator or Pokerstove how high your equity would be against 3 random hands. Believe me you do not want to play in a multiway pot.

So please openraise here and push to a re-raise.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      good :D
      sorry if i sound a bit harsh sometimes but it´s very important to understand that slowplaying preflop could be very dangerous and unnecessary at the low limits.

better win a small pot than lose a big one.
      It wasn't harsh frzl, only clear. And that was the point why I opened this thread. In all of this hands it worked, but I know that the coaches warn everytime to slowplay.

So it was important for me to get that feedback from you and berliner, to realize again why. Otherwise I for sure would have lost some big pot somewhen.

So it was fine work from yr side.

Thanks alot. :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I think this one doesn`t require additional explanation)