[NL2-NL10] AA slowplayed Hand No. 3

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $13.33
      Hero:
      $1.70
      BB:
      $5

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , A:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BU calls $0.80, SB folds, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.80) 6:diamond: , K:club: , 9:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.80 (All-In), BU calls $0.80, BB folds.

Turn: ($4.40) 7:diamond:
      River: ($4.40) 3:club:

Final Pot: $4.40
  • 6 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      raise 4bb preflop. DON´T slowplay your big pairs preflop. especially at nl10... you will get action anyway and big pockets play best if you are heads up
      in this case nobody will give you a real hand when your aise first in from the cutoff... no need to slowplay :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      o.k., I got a clear answer to my thoughts, so this was the sense in posting these hands.

Many thanks.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      good :D
      sorry if i sound a bit harsh sometimes but it´s very important to understand that slowplaying preflop could be very dangerous and unnecessary at the low limits.

better win a small pot than lose a big one.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      You played that hand terrible preflop. In the CO you just limp and give 3 others the chance to get in the hand cheaply and outdraw you on the flop. Please check with the equilator or Pokerstove how high your equity would be against 3 random hands. Believe me you do not want to play in a multiway pot.

So please openraise here and push to a re-raise.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      good :D
      sorry if i sound a bit harsh sometimes but it´s very important to understand that slowplaying preflop could be very dangerous and unnecessary at the low limits.

better win a small pot than lose a big one.
      It wasn't harsh frzl, only clear. And that was the point why I opened this thread. In all of this hands it worked, but I know that the coaches warn everytime to slowplay.

So it was important for me to get that feedback from you and berliner, to realize again why. Otherwise I for sure would have lost some big pot somewhen.

So it was fine work from yr side.

Thanks alot. :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I think this one doesn`t require additional explanation)