[DONE] Duplicate imports

• Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Hi!

Anyone who can help a guy from the SV forum? I translate:

When I import hands with the Elephant, there are duplicates imported. When it is done importing, there may be anything from 1000 to 5000 hands. Anyone who knows why and how I can fix it?

I only have two folders in the automatic import, Full Tilt and Party Poker.

Cheers
  • 6 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey Foxxxen,

thanks for posting.

This looks to me like he is using an older version of PokerStrategy.com Elephant.

The latest version would be 0.102 from here: http://elephant.pokerstrategy.com

Please get back to me as soon as he updated and reported possible changes.

In case he already is using the latest version you'll need to ask him how he is importing his hands in terms of 'add folder' or 'add files'.

Maybe he is simply importing the complete handhistory folder every time - that would explain why there are duplicates involved. (Let's asume that's not the case).
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Thank you for your answer mrk1988, I will ask the user!
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      User has latest version and auto-imported by Add Folder. He switched to HEM now instead, but it would still be nice if we knew the answer to the problem for future reference. If nobody can find the answer here I'll forward it to IT :)
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi Foxxxen,

in order to find out what exactly is going on we need the user's Import.log files. Those files are located in the user specific files folder at c:\Users\<name>\Documents\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com Elephant\Logs

And duplicates are sorted out when the same files/hands are already stored in the database. Please be aware that active filter settings may hide some existing hands from view.
      On the other hand there may be an issue concerning the integrity of the database.
      To exclude the database itself your user should create a new, separated database (using Elephant's database management) and import the original hand histories once in an empty database.

Cheers,
      L
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi Foxxxen,

do you have any news for me or is it already solved?

Thx,
      L
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I guess it's already solved and I close this thread now.

Thx,
      L