[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 2pair on monotone flop

• Wriggers
      A spot I find myself in quite a bit that i'm still not sure how to approach. Flopping a made hand on a monotone board with a small amount of outs to improve.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.75)
      Hero ($45.47)
      UTG ($8.67)
      UTG+1 ($23.61)
      CO ($40.95)
      BTN ($20.44)

Dealt to Hero 4:heart: 5:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($3.10) T:spade: 4:spade: 5:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, BTN bets $1.47, Hero calls $1.47, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $1.47

TURN ($7.51) T:spade: 4:spade: 5:spade: Q:club:

Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($7.51) T:spade: 4:spade: 5:spade: Q:club: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $3.50, CO folds, BTN folds

Hero shows 4:heart: 5:heart:

Hero wins $7.15

Now here obviously the hand almost played itself. But what if it wasn't checked around on the turn? And instead the aggressor carried on betting, do I call a turn bet? And if so how do I approach a river bet? The good thing is I was thinking about all of this on the flop, so it seems i'm getting the hang of planning for the whole hand :D

I could have led out on the flop couldn't I? But what if I get raised? Do I insta-muck it? Obviously if a spade comes on the turn I have to muck my hand faster than the eyes can see to any aggression :D But it's been said on many a video that people don't bluff monotone boards, and also that people like to play suited cards, so with this one could assume if you're facing 3 barrels in a hand starting with a monotone flop then it's quite likely you'll see a flush at the end.

By the way, both villains I have <100 hands on them, CO seems reggy and BU doesn't seem to have any glaring stat errors, but again only 50 hands or so.

Here it's not so much this particular hand i'm interested in, but the whole theory of playing made hands on monotone boards :)
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      I think you´re likely better just leading 3 streets for value yourself than playing it safe and take c/c line. If you want you can play for stacks and c/r, but here I think taking yourself initiative and leading out would also be fine
      Against BU bet I´m c/r for value and playing for stacks, he just has there random draw enough times that you should worry about monsters