Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.33
      Hero:
      $3.16

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 6 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) K:heart: , J:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, BB calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.65) 8:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32.

River: ($1.29) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB raises $2.69 (All-In), Hero raises to $2.52 (All-In).

Final Pot: $6.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (As Kd)
      BB shows high card ace with king kicker (Ac 9d)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (As Kd)

Hi veriz,

Did I make the right decision by calling his AI with just a TP Best Kicker, when the villain's suddenly became agressive like this?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

As he even seems to be rather passive player and we don't even know him I'd rather make the crying fold. We have to Call ~120BB and what hands do you expect him to shove like this? Or was he tilting or was he some kind of maniac style? Or what hands do you expect to beat there. Most likely only missed draws/hands.

Best regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      I see him as an agressive player postflop and having a 2pair at best. The reason I call this because I saw a lot of bluff bet at the river on this table. So I thought he might do too:)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      I see him as an agressive player postflop and having a 2pair at best. The reason I call this because I saw a lot of bluff bet at the river on this table. So I thought he might do too:)
      You mean you saw him doing a lot of bluff-bets like this or you did saw the table bluffing?
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      I did notice a lot of players bluffing. I know it's not the right reason to call.
      But I have the feeling he's bluffing because I have a very tight image postflop, so I call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      I did notice a lot of players bluffing. I know it's not the right reason to call.
      But I have the feeling he's bluffing because I have a very tight image postflop, so I call.
      The problem is that don't be result oriented. In many next cases you might just face the nuts there vs such a line and I wouldn't be surprised that you will even loose money in long run with such a Call. You can't do such calls very profitable unless you know the opponent better.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      OK, understood.