This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL4 6max trouble hand #2

• MikusRDB
      MikusRDB
      Bronze
      BB: $6.65 (166.3 bb)
      CO: $2.43 (60.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2.24 (56 bb)
      SB: $2.48 (62 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q:club: A:spade:
      CO raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $0.36, 2 folds, CO calls $0.22

Flop: ($0.78) Q:spade: T:spade: 9:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.78, Hero raises to $1.88, CO calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.54) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      River: ($4.54) 8:diamond: (2 players)

[spoil]Results: $4.54 pot ($0.30 rake)
      Final Board: Q:spade: T:spade: 9:club: 5:diamond: 8:diamond:
      CO showed T:heart: Q:heart: and won $4.24 ($2 net)
      Hero showed Q:club: A:spade: and lost (-$2.24 net)

My mistakes ?
  • 3 replies
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      First mistake is not playing full-stacked (100bb) and second mistake is raising the donk pot-bet on such a dangerous board.

He either has you crushed or good chances at getting there.
    • MikusRDB
      MikusRDB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by furculision
      First mistake is not playing full-stacked (100bb) and second mistake is raising the donk pot-bet on such a dangerous board.

He either has you crushed or good chances at getting there.
      Its becouse my bankroll doesnt elt me play for 4$ buyin and i play at tables where 50bb buyin is max.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      MikusRDB :s_love:

This is extremely tough spot. I'm assuming that you have 100BB, not 56BB. In case you have 100BB, I think I could call or even fold this hand - the hand itself is very vulnerable, therefore you cannot really raise/call for value on this board. In case of 56BB, it's way tougher to fold TPTK.

Still, another point to consider is the strength of the potsized donkbet here.

I think I could fold TPTK in both cases. It might look extremely timid, but I don't really see a lot of hands you're strongly ahead of, and given the size of the donkbet - even if you're ahead, it's very slightly ahead.

Ofc, stacking 56BB in 3bet pot with TPTK, even on this board, is pretty much standard and we cannot really say it's a big mistake.

Cheers,
      Michal