[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, KK.

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi again. so i know he sucked out hard but i understand this situation would normally be VERY different given the preflop action. my question is whether or not i played this correctly on the flop because of BU's reraise and call to my 3bet.

Known players:    
      SB:
      $5
      Hero:
      $3.51
      BU:
      $1.84

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU raises to $0.14, SB calls $0.13, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.56, BU calls $0.42, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.28) A:diamond: , T:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BU raises to $1.28 (All-In), Hero calls $0.28.

Turn: ($3.84) 7:spade:
      River: ($3.84) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kh Ks)
      BU shows a flush, jack high (Js 9s)

BU wins with a flush, jack high (Js 9s)

obviously the one thing i was saying right before the fop was out was "no ace!!!!!!!!" cos i was just assuming with betting like that the guy had to have some sort of a hand - the range i had him on was maybe TT to QQ, AK, AQ, AJ... maybe even some trashy Axs but either way he represented some strength preflop and an A flopped. my question is was my bet alright here or should i have checked it?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Guess I'd just commit myself and raise ~$0,7 so I could just ship any flop if he even Calls. But your play ain't wrong either.

And of course against his stack it's very hard to get it away, as you bet then not much to add. But unfortunately he just got lucky. :( Check/Folding is anyways too weak as you even saw his and. One option of course would be to Check/Shove to induce him betting with worse hands.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      you mean you would have bumped it to $0.70 preflop after his raise to $0.14? and i dont know whether or not i'm playing paranoid but surely it's very likely that he would be holding an ace because of his betting? that's what i wasnt sure about because his play screams ace and then an ace flopped so i was very worried about him having it...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      There is no way we are getting away from the hand anyways preflop. If he has AA then let it be and note him down how he does 3bet. Way too hard to fold KK preflop vs even such a line.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      okay thanks for the feedback i'm sure i'll be posting a hand again soon :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      okay thanks for the feedback i'm sure i'll be posting a hand again soon :D
      Feel free to do that. :)