• 10 replies
    • MichaelGotAA
      MichaelGotAA
      Bronze
      Bah humbug, I don't want to upgrade. It will cost money :(
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Here is a general statement from the HM management for questions like this:

"We will continue to support HM1 for the foreseeable future. Although an exact date has not been determined, fairness to existing owners of HM1 will be at the top of the considerations on setting that date.

We are sensitive to the economics involved for our membership here. HM was first released in 2008 and there has never been a paid upgrade. During that time there have been hundreds of official updates to Hold'em Manager.

The choice of whether to charge for upgrading to was also influenced by the fact that HM2 is fundamentally a new program with over 1,000,000 lines of new code. In fact, the ONLY code used in both HM1 and HM2 is the code to actually parse the hand histories.

The database structure is completely new.
      The UI is completely new.
      The queries, reports and filters code are all completely new.
      A significant number of new features in HM2 are completely new.
      A FREE companion iPhone/iPad application that syncs with HM2 is completely new. (Android to follow)

It is natural to prefer not to pay for an upgrade but the investment in HM2 is so large that making it a free update was not practical option for us from a business standpoint. This is a decision that is faced by every software company periodically as they continue to invest in their products. We trust that you will recognize value in what we have done when the HM2 Beta begins soon."
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Wow!!!!!!!! only purchased this 3 weeks ago and already its out of date.
      Still trying to learn how to use this version!! ?(

Not a very happy player X(
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Where can I find more information about this?
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by denetomtom
      Wow!!!!!!!! only purchased this 3 weeks ago and already its out of date.
      Still trying to learn how to use this version!! ?(

Not a very happy player X(
      No, mate don't worry :)
      who has purchase HM after the 1st of May of this year will have a free upgrade to HM2. ;)

Lucky you! :D
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Where can I find more information about this?
      The Beta is still not public but here is a preview:
      http://www.pokersoftware.com/articles/2011/06/sneak-peek-at-holdem-manager-2.html
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am not sure when I purchased the HM.
      how do I check it?
      I guess I purchased it in April 2011. So, I will not get the HM2 for free?

thanks.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Is there any way to get into Alpha testing? Are the widgets released in house or can a developer like me create my own widget?
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Thanks for info kiromanAAKK youve made my day something for nothing love it. :D

Also followed netsrak link for a sneak preview, like the look of "Hold’em Manager TV" could prove helpful.

Look forward to the release day. :P
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Is there any way to get into Alpha testing? Are the widgets released in house or can a developer like me create my own widget?
      The alpha testing is nearly completed and it was only for a closed group of users. Beta tests will start soon.