[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, QQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey i just had this hand and i wasnt sure whether i played this correctly. as ive said before i suspect trips or 2pair to a reraise like that on the flop although my hand was pretty strong and i'm sure in most similar situations i would be way ahead...

Known players:      
      Hero:
      $2.91
      MP1:
      $2.95
      CO:
      $1.62

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08, 2 folds, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.27) 6:spade: , 5:club: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, MP1 raises to $0.52, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.50, MP1 raises to $2.87 (All-In), Hero calls $1.33 (All-In), MP1 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($5.93) 9:heart:
      River: ($5.93) A:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.93

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qs Qc)
      MP1 shows three-of-a-kind, fives (5h 5s)

MP1 wins with three-of-a-kind, fives (5h 5s)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

The problem with such flops is that it's a multiway pot and as well this kind of board hardly hits set ranges and even 2pairs possible. I don't think that he would play with some overpair like this while even having an opponent behind us.

Therefore I'd just Bet/Fold in this case and even the bet doesn't have to be pot size, ~$0,20 should be enough.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey veriz thanks for the feedback. does this mean even if i was holding AA/KK in this situation i should still bet/fold?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hey veriz thanks for the feedback. does this mean even if i was holding AA/KK in this situation i should still bet/fold?
      It's actually pretty much the same. At some spots I would definitely even consider Bet/Calling if I see the opponent being able to raise even with TP/draw type of hands and reevaluate it on further streets.