Everest Poker $50 thanks to Full Tilt

• deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Just been playing a couple of the double up tournaments...
      Got my $50 up to $91 and I only got my bonus about two hours ago..
      Small, I know, but it's still a good start for such a poker beginner!! :D

Everest seems to have pretty easy opponents compared to Full Tilt, which I like.. A lot. :)

I'll work on it and give updates.. :D Live poker tomorrow night too.. :P
  • 13 replies
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      How does it work? I didnt know there was a $50 offer at everest for ex-FullTilt players!
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hamlet77
      How does it work? I didnt know there was a $50 offer at everest for ex-FullTilt players!
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      i've built my free $50 upto $146 playing PLO...im telling you, this site is soft in a sick way... i mean a guy committed $30 on a turn of 3568 with 2 pair, i obv had the nuts..easy money
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      I was sent this email:

Dear deafeater,

Recent events haven't made it particularly easy for poker players at the moment. That's why Everest Poker wants to give you a bit of support with a First Aid package.

There's a free $50 cash bonus waiting for you at Everest Poker: you don't have to pay a penny of your own money!

Click here and get your $50 cash bonus now:
      --- http://www.pokerstrategy.com/bonus/detail/1583 ---

Try the real money tables at Everest Poker with the free $50 from this offer.
      If you deposit an additional $5, you'll also get a depositor bonus of $500.

Don't waste any time - this offer is only available for the next 14 days. Get your $50 cash bonus from Everest Poker now!

Bonus conditions: you can cash out your bonus if...
      - you start playing at the real money tables within 30 days of receiving it.
      - you collect 1,000 Summit Points within 120 days of receiving it.
      As soon as you've earned 1,000 Summit Points and after 120 days, you can cash out the $50 cash bonus and your winnings.
      Please note: you won't get the $50 cash bonus if you've already made a deposit.

Best wishes,

Your Team at PokerStrategy.com

Yeah, the games are VERY soft.. I'm paticularly loving the double up games.. 6 player tables with 3 winners doubling up? It's so easy! Although I'm in one game at the moment and It's just freezing on me.. :/
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Now this is something that I could've used by now!

But alas, there's always just selected members who get it and I shouldn't complain having a long time ago received a second $50 already.

Regards,
      Richard
    • jeffee82
      jeffee82
      Bronze
      i am an ex full tilt player how do i get the everest $50 bonus can anyone help me?
    • Marsietis1
      Marsietis1
      Bronze
      Yesterday I played depositors from PS freeroll 5th place 55$ and 109$ ticket to to the 50K GTD :)

Now I mainly play PLO 1100+ hands up 25$. All in EV 9$ still pretty happy about that :)

Also, deposited 5$ so I could get 500$ deposit bonus (sick offer) in 3 days already cleared about 20$, so 5$ well spent I think :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      You can get this eve if you have allready had your first PS $50?
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/everest-poker/free50/
      If I'm reading this right anyone who hasn't already signed up can get it.
    • Marsietis1
      Marsietis1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      You can get this eve if you have allready had your first PS $50?
      I had a letter from PS saying I was selected. So I believe if you don't get the email, you can't get bonus..
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Soo I've just been playing in a $.25 // $.50 game.. Entered with $50. There were two large stacks of around $150..

Watched the play for a while and noticed one of the big stacks had awful play. Raising with any hand (even though nearly everyone would call) and calling anyone's bets unless they were too high..

Started building my stack up, slowly but surely, still watching how the game was playing...

Got a couple of bad hits in.. There were a couple of people who I thought had been watching the game very closely and would fold to a board with a straight / flush coming up. Tried bluffing only to lose to one pair.. (yes 1!!)

Then I hit up with 2 pairs against some of the looser players, only for them to hit their flush on the turn and river.

Varience can be a pain, right?

Anyways.. I'd been watching the big stack and how he'd been playing. Nearly all of his opponents folded on the flop due to his ridiculous raises, but whenever he DID go to showdown, he played with awful cards. Occasionally hitting a pair or two pair.

So I waited and waited. Finally getting a decent hand. Me and him. He raised, I re-raised, he called. Hit the flop perfectly. I checked, He raised, I went all in and he called. Doubled up perfectly.

Then it was just a case of taking him slowly down and down and down, until he stopped raising preflop. End result was rather tasty..

Just left the table:

Leaving the table now with $128.40 and 43 summit points.
      Leaving him behind with $15.10.

Not bad I'd say... for a beginner. :)
    • Marsietis1
      Marsietis1
      Bronze
      deafeater, thats really nice play but very risky if that time he got lucky he could just took all your bankroll in one hand. I am playing very risky to at the moment too.

Mainly, because with 50$ starting capital at Everest is quite hard to play when the lowest limits in cash games are 0.05/0.10, thats like 5 BI. I buy in for half stack and it is still just 10BI bankroll I have.

Every time I double up I try to leave table, unless I see a lot of fish with VPIP 70+.

And as I play omaha it is more risky because of the huge variance I can get.. I saw few 0.02$ tables going so I will try to mix my game up a little (It's strange that at omaha you can get these limits but at holdem lowest is 0.05 :) ).

My strategy now will be to play like 2-3 tables at 0.02$ level and 1 or 2 at 0.05/0.10.

Now I have bit over 100$ in my bankroll, I am trying to get it to about 200$ so I could take a shot at SitnGo'es at 5$ buy-in. I plan to go after this limit because at FTP I had some experience at this level and did quite good, but it's sad because at Everest SitnGo'es are pretty much dead.. :)

So here some of my thoughts about this room and luck I found in it :D Any advice for beggginer? :)
    • deafeater
      deafeater
      Bronze
      Ahh, the $50 I played with was the maximum entry to the table. IVe already doubled quite a bit through the sit n go double up tables. Like I said before, they're very easy. I just thought I'd give some of the cash games a shot.
      Now I've built the bankroll up a little bit, I'll start playing more conservatively. Unless of course, I bump into games like the one I played last night. :D