[NL2-NL10] Live hand AKs vs short stack

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      In general, people call one raise all the time, but almost nobody calls a 3-bet besides the original raised. Pretty passive table

2 EP limped MP raised 7bb, CO called, BU called, SB called, I squeeze 22.5bb in the BB with A K, all fold except CO who now has less than 1 PSB left,

1. My squeeze is too small I think, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to make it a normal size which would be like 40bb and it will look super huge to everyone, or make it a decent enough size like here to get at least one call. If I make it super huge, I'm also can't do much post flop with just 150bb in my stack.

2. I decide to shove all in blind. It seemed like a good move at the point but I'm not so sure now after thinking about it. I do negate my positional disadvantage, but then I'm letting villain make his decision with more info than me, since he gets to decide after the flop.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello elhh82,

The problem with such a small bet is that you are allowing them to Call with any2 cards and I would rather avoid that and even be happy if I don't get Called. You get 21BB already with the squeeze should be good enough if everyone folds. For that reason I would as well just it ~40BB or if not exactly that amount then 35-40.

But I didn't get the sentence "I decided to shove all in blind". Did you go all-in or what?

Best regards.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I meant going all in before the flop hits

playing live and first to act you can do whatever you want before the next card(s) hit and after the current round finishes, check, fold, bet. So I went all in before seeing any flop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by elhh82
      I meant going all in before the flop hits

playing live and first to act you can do whatever you want before the next card(s) hit and after the current round finishes, check, fold, bet. So I went all in before seeing any flop
      Oh, I understand now. Yep it's fine to ship it preflop like you said "blind". While he anyways will have only pot-size bet left. We will definitely get some fold equity and even maybe hit something so our hand will be hidden.

Those players on live games are anyways too bad, wouldn't be surprised when he Calls something like AJ or whatsoever. :D