[NL2-NL10] KQo playing 250bb deep

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I open raise KQo in MP to 3.5bb, a new player on the blinds (who has 3-bet a few times since he sat down, but I never saw his cards) 3-bets to 10.5bb, I call thinking I can get value from him if I hit big as he's very aggressive and we're playing so deep.

Flop is Q T x, he donks out almost pot size, and I just fold because I know he will keep betting.

Do you think I can just float here? but I can't put him on a range and didn't want to go crazy with top pair, would've surely called with AQ.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello elhh82,

If you are Calling with such a hand preflop then you should as well Call it postflop. No way I am going to lay it down. What kind of situation do you want to face? Hit trips or even straight? Or he just Check/Folds the flop?

Usually when he does bet near pot size it might seem that he has a weak hand as well while tries to get maximum fold equity. I would definitely Call and reevaluate on further streets and act accordingly how much we have left and he has left.

But of course the Call of 3bet is often times very close as well while we even don't have that much information on him.

Best regards.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      do we then check call 3 streets on safe turns and rivers?

I think if we just flat he will pot, pot and maybe check back the river if he has nothing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Would be great to see the stacks and pot and etc. So we could have a better overview. But very likely I would at least Check/Call the flop and then reevaluate it on further cards.