This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Ten thousand euros

• LMIG
      LMIG
      Hello everyone

I'm from the Italian community

I write this post not to brag, but to tell my up from starting capital, hoping that it can be an example for new members ;)

In 2008 I played on TitaPoker.com

In late 2008 I learn of the existence of PokerStrategy.com
      I thought "Oh, how nice, $50 gift".

I looked at site and forum to see what it was ... articles, videos, live coachings, poker softwares, hands to be commenting and posting...
      I guessed that it was a good deal, bigger than $50. I took it with good will.

March 4, 2009, $50 starting capital, MansionPoker.com

At first, I encounter difficulties.

I got to have $25 to my account.

At this point I asked myself ... these strategies really work?

I have not lost faith, and I also did the level-down to $0,50 SnG.

If I had lost those 50 buy-in of that limit, I decided, I dropped the poker.

I recovered.

I played my first almost 600 SnG breakeven. Considering that I played 4x, it's about 150 hours at hourly rate 0. More than three months without seeing increasing the bankroll, always stopped at $ 50-60, playing every day for almost 2 hours a day. Frustrating.

But I have not given up.

In order to keep to myself the $50 of Strategy, MCP 2000 I had to do within 90 days. A $1 SnG assigned 4 MCP.

Easy to calculate. I had to do 500 sit, 5.55 on average per day. Eventually I made it. In practice, so I learned to multi-table.

My first success was the sixth in a freeroll on TitanPoker.com who brought me $60, I still remember the happiness!

I decide to sign up in a room.it, Gioco Digitale, and, almost simultaneously, at FullTilt.com

On FullTilt, i went ITM to the first deposit freerolls, and i won $100 :-)

In June 2009, i moved part of my BR at PokerHeaven.com

The bankroll oscillating around $ 400 ... $ 500 reached in late July.

Then came the summer of 2009 ...

PartyPoker.com launched its Italian version with a great promotion, conceded players to get the 100% rakeback for a few months

I did not even realize the potential of this offer, I joined because there was a second starting capital!

... I begin to win at Party. I arrived at 1K bankroll in early November.

I played also a few hands SSS, 10K hands for these results:

Reach 2K bankroll in mid-December, and i start earning real money.

In mid-February even get a sponsorship, for one year, by a small Italian poker stacking site!

In early April 2010, the bankroll reaches 5K

I had some satisfaction live, however, numbers less than 1k

I keep running well on Party.it, and here is my pride, sit normal

I have always played a few MTTs

My greatest successes are a 24th place in a sunday tournament 100 euros buy-in, and a second place in an Early Double

http://it.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?postid=428537#post428537

And a pair of months ago ... i got the bank roll to euros 10,000.

As regards the management of the bankroll, mine is very special.

I do not keep the poker room no more than 500 euros.

just enough to do 2 sessions. I am afraid of password stealers.

Under the mattress, I always 1K, which serve to remind me why I play poker.

The rest of the money, I have on a bank account

Fetch start of each month, even every 15 days. Over the past 24 months I made $ 600 average, about 12-13 euros / hour

Currently, the most of the game from 30$ sng, and I haven't intentions to level up at the time, also because it missing skill, guys.

Game tyle 10-12x, no HUD. I have no poker tracker, not even Holdem Manager

In short, I do not even know how I did everything. Let's say that I understand the usefulness of these tools and I admit that I have not used them mainly out of laziness.

I actually after the end of my sessions, analyze hands with ICM Trainer, and often i get the answers i seek, day after day and I never cease to amaze me of some spot.

Objectives for the future? I want to live in the sun with my best dress :)
  • 5 replies